Location: Caraga, Philippines
It means putting God first in your relationship, let God be your first priority, making God your focal point by letting Him have the final say in your relationship. Further more, before God can be at the center of your relationship, you must be born again( I.e having personal relationship with God) that is the only way for a child of God to understand Him ad have relationship with Him.
So for you to make or keep God at the center of your relationship, here are some thoughts you can meditate on that may help you to make sure you’re dating or have relationship in a way God designed
1. SET BOUNDARIES: You will have strong desires to be intimate with the person you are dating. Hopefully you are actually attracted to them, but that makes it all the more difficult to keep your hands to yourself. Setting boundaries like “only kissing on the cheek, quick Hus and hand-holding” can help you avoid going too far. This is important for every relationship to decide for themselves.
2. A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER: This is a common quote, but it is so true. Ok, let me use myself as an example; I and my fiancé when we talked on the phone, we would always end I prayer to this day, we even pick a day in a week for fasting, we also pray in the night before bed in order to make sure God is always invited
Into our relarelationship on a daily basis.
3. DIVE INTO THE WORD: You will learn so much about your spouse understanding of the word when you’re studying it together. It’s important that your spiritual growth doesn’t become stagnant. You both will have a lot to learn from each other as your strength your relationship with the Lord.
4. WORSHIP TOGETHER: It is so important to have a church that you attend to get inspired and learn more about Go. How much more true is it for you and the one you are in a relationship? This is also a great time to discuss which church you eventually see you both going to if you currently go to seperate churches (Hebrews 10:24–25).
5. CHERISH YOUR OWN PERSONAL GOD TIME: make sure you spend time alone with God. You need moments of reading the Bible, praying just between you and God. Since God is your ultimate Love, it is good to have that time alone with Him.
6. KEEP IN MIND THAT GOD IS REAL: God’s love is something you do not want to miss. God is real. His love is real. God is love. His forgiveness is real, and His promises are real, God doesn’t fail or lie (Numbers 23:19). Give the love God has given you to your spouse for God’s love is perfect. Let Christ’s love reign in your relationship. Let the love you have for each other display God’s goodness.
A wise man said and I quote” That love that becomes a god, becomes a demon. Submit all your love, therefore, to tape one that is love, and He, like a gardener, shall prune our loves which are so fickle and temporary by nature, into beautiful gardens which may share with all our relationship including our dating relationship.
NOTE SCRIPTURES:1. Be prayerful (Acts 6:4) for no Christian is powerful than his/her prayer life.
2. Read the Bible and motivational/inspirational books (Proverbs 4:20–22, Psalm 119:105).
3. Kingdom service: Every child of God is called to serve the interest of God in His kingdom. You must realized that you are saved to serve God (1 Peter 2:9)
4. Avoid premarital sex(Hebrews 13:4)
5. And always live a praiseful life (Isaiah 12:3)