Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

The Filipina's profound sacrifice

Update | Cancel

Posted on September 01,2016

After being married to my wife I met here on Christian Filipina for 15 months, I am increasingly in awe of the sacrifice she made to be my wife.  It is difficult to put into words since I can’t relate to her experience and I’m not sure I’d be able to deal with it the way she has.

When she accepted my proposal from nearly 10,000 miles away, she promised she would be where I was, but in order for that to happen, she would be leaving everything she has grown up with behind, not knowing how often she’d be able to return.  I do not think she did this to be able to send some money back home because that is giving up too much for too little in return to her.  My wife tells me probably 75% of Filipinas want to leave the country, and I believe her, but if she is any indication, they don’t want to leave their families yet that comes with leaving the country.  She wants love, she wants a man she can trust.

She cried now and then for the first several months after arriving in America in January of this year, but told me she hid it from me.  We just returned from the Philippines for a two-week vacation just 7 months after she arrived as I wanted her to see her newborn niece but leaving was tearful for her.  Then she cried in the taxi and on the plane, telling me that “it is so hard leaving”.  What a mix of emotions but she did leave since we live in America now. I don’t like seeing her cry but I can really appreciate what she goes through.

She took many photos and videos and has seen them numerous times in the five days that we’ve been back.  I hesitate to play our wedding songs since earlier this year she told me they make her said because it reminds her of being back in the Philippines.  I have told her she is the most courageous woman I know for doing that, and I know that many other Filipinas have done or will do the same thing for someone who will marry them.

As I ponder her profound sacrifice, for me, I can’t help but want to do everything I can to be good to her, meet her needs, protect her, be her best friend, and allow her to go back home a reasonable amount of times, although it is so far away even she, at 27 is not interested in doing it again soon because the flights and layovers are very challenging.  Just imagine being that far away from everything you have loved and experienced in your life and simply not being able to just take a weekend and go back home.

Men, a good Filipina is waiting for you to pursue her for marriage and love her the rest of your life.  Please give her the ultimate respect for making this sacrifice for you, and like the Bible says in Ephesians 5, give up your life for her, considering what she has given up to be the best wife you’ll ever have.

on September 1, 2016 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

• Yeah, that's what we are!..Filipinos don't think of themselves only but their families as well back home. Its hard for a Filipino to enjoy life without sharing some  to their families. ( hope my reply fits the post)
Bob said:

After being married to my wife I met here on Christian Filipina for 15 months, I am increasingly in awe of the sacrifice she made to be my wife.  It is difficult to put into words since I can’t relate to her experience and I’m not sure I’d be able to deal with it the way she has.

When she accepted my proposal from nearly 10,000 miles away, she promised she would be where I was, but in order for that to happen, she would be leaving everything she has grown up with behind, not knowing how often she’d be able to return.  I do not think she did this to be able to send some money back home because that is giving up too much for too little in return to her.  My wife tells me probably 75% of Filipinas want to leave the country, and I believe her, but if she is any indication, they don’t want to leave their families yet that comes with leaving the country.  She wants love, she wants a man she can trust.

She cried now and then for the first several months after arriving in America in January of this year, but told me she hid it from me.  We just returned from the Philippines for a two-week vacation just 7 months after she arrived as I wanted her to see her newborn niece but leaving was tearful for her.  Then she cried in the taxi and on the plane, telling me that “it is so hard leaving”.  What a mix of emotions but she did leave since we live in America now. I don’t like seeing her cry but I can really appreciate what she goes through.

She took many photos and videos and has seen them numerous times in the five days that we’ve been back.  I hesitate to play our wedding songs since earlier this year she told me they make her said because it reminds her of being back in the Philippines.  I have told her she is the most courageous woman I know for doing that, and I know that many other Filipinas have done or will do the same thing for someone who will marry them.

As I ponder her profound sacrifice, for me, I can’t help but want to do everything I can to be good to her, meet her needs, protect her, be her best friend, and allow her to go back home a reasonable amount of times, although it is so far away even she, at 27 is not interested in doing it again soon because the flights and layovers are very challenging.  Just imagine being that far away from everything you have loved and experienced in your life and simply not being able to just take a weekend and go back home.

Men, a good Filipina is waiting for you to pursue her for marriage and love her the rest of your life.  Please give her the ultimate respect for making this sacrifice for you, and like the Bible says in Ephesians 5, give up your life for her, considering what she has given up to be the best wife you’ll ever have.

on September 26, 2016 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close