Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

The question...

Update | Cancel

Posted on June 30,2016

The question was once asked of me –

“What will it take for the majority to wake up?” 

It reminded me of a few words God has said –

You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].

(Psa.27:8)

[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.

(Phil.2:13)

And we also [especially] thank God continually for this, that when you received the message of God [which you heard] from us, you welcomed it not as the word of [mere] men, but as it truly is, the Word of God, which is effectually at work in you who believe exercising its superhuman power in those who adhere to and trust in and rely on it].

(I Thess.2:13)

20 Now may the God of peace [Who is the Author and the Giver of peace], Who brought again from among the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood [that sealed, ratified] the everlasting agreement (covenant, testament),

21 Strengthen (complete, perfect) and make you what you ought to be and equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will; [while He Himself] works in you and accomplishes that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ (the Messiah); to Whom be the glory forever and ever (to the ages of the ages). Amen (so be it).

(Heb.13:20-21)

"...having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God..."

(I Pet.1:23)

The majority will not wake up, but only those of the "everlasting agreement (covenant)” Gen.17:19; Psa.105:10; Isa.55:3; Jer.32:40; Ezek.16:60; 37:26; Heb.13:20, 21).  Those in whom God is “effectually" at work, and "require of necessity" His presence.

Does our heart seek His face? Is He creating in us what we "ought to be?" Have we been born of the "incorruptible seed" rather than a verbal profession of faith?  If not, it is time to re-evaluate our position in Jesus Christ.

Though the word of God comes through human exercise, it is a divine message that works in believers through the Holy Spirit (Isa.55:11; Acts 20:32; II Tim.2:15-17; Heb.4:12).  Is He working in your heart?

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth (Psa.145:18).

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close