Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

What are we really debating about the word of God?

Update | Cancel

Posted on January 20,2016

God has entrusted His word (The Bible) to people. Can anyone translate the word of God?  I say yes, why not?  "But"..God will hold me responsible and accountable to translate the meaning correctly.

We don't have the original manuscripts what we have are copies. It is not the literal word that are improtant, it is the meaning of the author. No matter what the version/language people are “IMPERFECT”.  Our problem is that we do not understand all that it tells us. God made it that way so that we would read it and study it over and over again. Learning all that we need to know, a plan from God for our life on this “present life” and also our life “after this life forever”. Jesus Christ is our example, of how we are to treat, act and react, living and working with fellow people.

“If the foundations be destroyed, what shall the righteous do”? Psalms 11:3 (KJV)

Shalom

on January 20, 2016 3 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Cris,

Thanks for sharing, long time no hear and I think you have many stories for me :) Nice to see you here again!

The Bible is full of citations where it quotes God. However, it also has citations of non-inspired individuals, such as Judas, Herod, etc. Satan, for example, lied when addressing Eve in The Garden of Eden. This means that the Bible contains a record of a lie. But how can such an error be included in the Word of God and still have the Word of God be inerrant since a lie is an error?

The answer is that the Bible inerrantly records the lie. It makes no mistakes in its reporting of events, in its proclamation of truth, and in its revelation of God's will. Where it may record the lies, failures, deception, etc., of various individuals, it does so perfectly and without error. Likewise, when it records historical events, genealogies, etc., it does so using the idioms and cultural norms of the time--yet it is without error.

Jesus acknowledged this when He said that the Word of God, the Scripture, cannot be broken. This means that it cannot fail. Why? because the written form of the Word of God, which is Scripture, is inspired. And because it is inspired, it cannot fail. It must be fulfilled. Remember, Jesus called the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms (all of the Old Testament) Scripture, and He says that the Scriptures cannot be broken--cannot fail. He was obviously referring to the written form of the Old Testament:

• Luke 24:44-45"Now He said to them, 'These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.' 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures."
  • John 10:35 “If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken)."

If a citation of a city was incorrect, is that not a failure of Scripture? If a date is wrong, is that not a failure of Scripture? Likewise, would not an error in a fact likewise be a failure in the Scripture? Of course it would! But Jesus says that the Scriptures cannot be broken. They cannot fail. Is Jesus wrong?

excerpts from https://carm.org

God bless!

on January 27, 2016 3 likes

Amen!

Hi Ellen,

Yeah, once in a while I loved to share here in the forum. I thought this forum will dissolve, glad to know it stayed though not as lively and vibrant as before but at least it stayed to us who are left behind hahaha.  This forum is not only to know someone whom you will love and be love in return, the forum help build friendships and also to do God's ministry, sharing God's great love to all people. The thing is sometimes, one's selfishness kill the beauty of the forum kaya as we called in our language “ang matira matibay”(only the strong survived)

Yes, it's been quite long time ago na having our last chit-chat.....hahaha likewise....i sense you have many stories to tell too. Anyway we will sit down to that :)).  Even if some texts of the story were altered by "academic" translations or re-writtings the good news is the word of God cannot be changed, or losed definitively, because the finger of God will guide the right word of the story thru a humble heart looking for Him. :))

Ellen said:

Hi Cris,

Thanks for sharing, long time no hear and I think you have many stories for me :) Nice to see you here again!

on January 29, 2016 1 likes

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close