Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

When your Ministry becomes a performance

Update | Cancel

Posted on January 16,2016

The Holy Spirit always pointing us toward what Jesus would be, say, or do in any given moment.

(1 Cor 13:1-3 NIV) 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

"When your Ministry becomes a performance, then your sanctuary becomes a theater. Your congregation becomes an audience, worship-service becomes entertainment. Then man's applause and approval becomes the measure of your success. But when Ministry is for the glory of God alone. His presence moves into the sanctuary!! Where even the unsaved visitor will fall to their knee's worshiping God and confessing that God is among us." 

Are your doors closed to mercy in you life? It's fair sweeter to give then to receive!!

Philippians 1:14-20 (NIV)

14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

"A wise Christian knows the importance of speaking Life into someone's. If you love Jesus Christ: Believe in Jesus Christ, encourage others and help bring the comforting peace of Jesus Christ into their Life.."

Philippians 4:1-9 (NIV)

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!

2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, my true companion, help these women since they have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Speak the truth in love. Remind them that whoever wants to be Jesus’ disciple must deny themselves - deny anything that would lead them outside the perfect will of God—and take up their cross and follow Jesus. After all, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

(Ephesians 4:29-32)

God Bless

on January 16, 2016 3 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close