Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Breathtaking, beautiful Batanes

Update | Cancel

Posted on March 19,2015

I was here on this place last June 2014, I forgot to post these photos for I used and just borrowed the camera of my son. Since I am using again his camera, I accidentally saw again these photos. A very beautiful place especially when you're alone, it seems you’re nearer to heaven and good feeling all alone communing with God.

About Batanes Group of islands:

The Province of Batanes (Ivatan: Probinsya nu Batanes and Filipino: Lalawigan ng Batanes) is an island province in the region of Cagayan Valley, Philippines. It is the northernmost province of the Philippines and is also the smallest province, both in terms of population and land area. The provincial capital is Basco on Batan Island. – Wikipedia

The Batanes island group is the smallest province in the Philippines in terms of population and land area, consisting of ten tiny islands of which only the islands of Batan, Sabtang, and Itbayat are inhabited.

The people who inhabit these islands are called Ivatans who descended from Austronesians who migrated to the Batanes Islands 4000 years ago.

The landscape of Batanes is quite distinct from other Philippine provinces due to the steep cliffs, rolling hills, deep canyons and boulder-lined shores. These natural characteristics make Batanes a very exciting place to visit, and a place to be at one with nature.

Compared to the rest of the country, the Batanes weather is rather pleasant - it has an almost temperate climate from December to February, and it enjoys practically four seasons, the best one being summer which is from March to June.

Undoubtedly, the wind swept islands of Batanes are as beautiful as they are enchanting, and quite unlike any other in the Philippines. Due to its terrain, it is a major livestock producer with cattle, carabaos and goats the most popular raised. Another major industry for the area is fishing, which reaches its peak during the summer months of March to June, when the sea is relatively calm.

Despite its reputation as a backward region, Batanes now has modern conveniences like mobile phones, electricity, and cable television, although it has comparatively little motor transport.

http://www.philippinetrails.com/batanes.html#sthash.5Hxuavke.dpuf

My Photos of the Islands:

I am supposed to go back to this island last January 2015 for the caretaker told me to come back because I may see and may witness the changing shape of the islands, maybe I’ll do that again next year J

Hi Ate Ellen,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures! I like the green environment.. It seems the air there is clean..hehehe. Take care always Ate and I miss how u laugh! hehehhe..

Wow! Ate Ellen, thank you for sharing . 

Please let me know when you push through with your plan to go there. Want to see Batanes :-)

wow,maganda pala batanes

madam ellen.i thought we will go there together hehe

Oh how marvelous, oh how wonderful, oh how glorious is that place (you can sing in awe), when you're there it seems you're on the top of the world, "yan yung lugar na nalilok ng mga bagyo"  (a place carved by the storms).

Sunset in Batanes

@Bec it's so refreshing there, nice to inhale and exhale.... don't know if I could smile again :( but I still I know and I will,  God will uphold me and because of you and to all of my dearest friends.

@Sis M, yes I will inform you as soon as I get back...we're all going there.

@Vevs, we will, we'll make plans as soon as you are here :)

God bless!

Wow very beautiful site seeing ate..i hope i can go with you girls when you go to batanes :)

Goodday to all!

Godbless!

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close