Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

a Christmas story...?

Update | Cancel

Posted on December 27,2014

a Christmas story...?

on December 27, 2014 3 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hello,

I read this story yesterday from my devotional book “Streams in the Dessert” by L.B. Cowman. It is a story about Christmas :-).

HAPPY READING!

“Look! The virgin will conceive and bear a son, and they will call him Emmanuel,” which means “God with us.”—Matt 1:23

For a child has been born to us, a son has been given to us. He shoulders responsibility and is called: Extraordinary Strategist, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.—Isa 9:6“

There’s a song in the air!

There’s a star in the sky!

There’s a mother’s deep prayer,

And a baby’s low cry!

And the star rains its fire

While the beautiful sing,

For the manger of Bethlehem cradles a King.”

A few years ago a striking Christmas card was published, with the title, “If Christ had not come.” It was founded upon our Saviour’s words, “If I had not come.” The card represented a clergyman falling into a short sleep in his study on Christmas morning and dreaming of a world into which Jesus had never come.

In his dream he found himself looking through his home, but there were no little stockings in the chimney corner, no Christmas bells or wreaths of holly, and no Christ to comfort, gladden and save. He walked out on the public street, but there was no church with its spire pointing to Heaven. He came back and sat down in his library, but every book about the Saviour had disappeared.

A ring at the door-bell, and a messenger asked him to visit a poor dying mother. He hastened with, the weeping child and as he reached the home he sat down and said, “I have something here that will comfort you.” He opened his Bible to look for a familiar promise, but it ended at Malachi, and there was no gospel and no promise of hope and salvation, and he could only bow his head and weep with her in bitter despair.

Two days afterward he stood beside her coffin and conducted the funeral service, but there was no message of consolation, no word of a glorious resurrection, no open Heaven, but only “dust to dust, ashes to ashes,” and one long eternal farewell. He realized at length that “He had not come,” and burst into tears and bitter weeping in his sorrowful dream.

Suddenly he woke with a start, and a great shout of joy and praise burst from his lips as he heard his choir singing in his church close by:

“O come, all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant,

O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem;

Come and behold Him, born the King of Angels,

O come let us adore Him, Christ, the Lord.”

Let us be glad and rejoice today, because “He has come.” And let us remember the annunciation of the angel, “Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people, for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” (Luke 2:10, 11).

“He comes to make His blessing flow, Far as the curse is found.”

May our hearts go out to the people in heathen lands who have no blessed Christmas day. 

“Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and SEND PORTIONS TO THEM FOR WHOM NOTHING IS PREPARED.” (Neh. 8:10).

~~~ spending Christmas with this little one while mom and dad busy at work all day, playing kids toys and Kung Fu sometimes ~~~~ LOL

If Christ has not come, indeed I am still one among those who has no hope, (Titus 2:13) chasing after the things of this world, the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:19), the lust of the eyes, the pride of this life (IJohn 2:16). Yet since Christmas is in our hearts, we can always celebrate to where we are  even in what we are doing, remembering what God has done in our lives! 

Now singing.... hehe

I will sing of Your Mercy

I will sing of Your love

I will sing of your tenderness

And tell the wonders of 

I will sing of Your goodness

I will sing of Your grace 

I will sing of Your holiness 

In melodies of praise

Lord you are good and I will sing

Your mercy endures is everlasting

Lord you are good and I will sing

Of your great love....  (Lakewood)

Amen!

Happy Christmas and prosperous new year CF FAMILY!!!

on December 27, 2014 4 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close