Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Christmas memories: Filipina share your Best Christmas Memories as a Child

Update | Cancel

Posted on December 21,2014

Christmas memories

Filipina would you share your Best Christmas Memories with us when you were a child -

Here is mine. I live in Canada and where I grew up my parent's house was 2 empty lot behind our Catholic Church.

We would all go to the midnight Christmas service as a family. Some winter we would go to church without a single snow flake on the ground. The service was all about remembering the birth of our Living God Jesus. Jesus God coming to earth to give us light. The same Jesus came to save us.

Coming out of the service it was just amazing. Not a snow flake when going to Church but coming out after the service the night was calm and snow flakes would fall on us so gently as we walked home. It was very calm and dark except for the street lights and one could feel God blessing us for remembering His Son special day. Remembering God Jesus who actually came on the earth to bring us a message about the Kingdom of God.

As I would look behind me towards the back of our Church that had the stained glass with the one big eye which represented God. I would look up the sky with the snowflake falling still ever so gently and soft and melting on my face as I looked up to heaven and still thinking of God and thanking Him for being such a Kind God.

It was such a nice peaceful time as if God was announcing His presence with us by controlling each and every snow flake that fell as well as controlling the wind. Like when Jesus said to the storm BE STILL. Well those Christmas nights God said to the snow storm BE STILL and fall ever so gently on me.

The walk home and the ever calmness night made me feel God's presence even more. No snow storm like we usually do but on Christmas eve after service God gave us a peaceful and calm night and early morning for remembering His Son special day of announcement. I still remember it as if it was yesterday. Nobody does midnight service anymore. As a kid the calmness of the night and how God controlled the snow flake made an impression on me as a kid. God is PEACE and God can give us PEACE.

I was being drawn by God as a child even before I received God's keys to my mansion in heaven.

After the service we would all go home as a family and at times other families and friends would all get together to share a meal at 1:30 AM. Yes as a kid we were tired but it was a great time to celebrate Jesus and a great get together with other families and share a time together because of Jesus.

Let us hear from you Filipina without snow what are some great memories when you were a child!

We would love to read your memories.

on December 21, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Mmmmm.... I have so many childhood memories but I only have to pick one ...and I chose the unashamed little me :D 

When I was just 4 years old my mom had a christmas program in the hospital were she works. 
They listed the employees kids at 6 to 8 yrs old to perform on stage then they get a gift from Santa afterwards. 

My name was not in the list because I was too young and wasn't in school yet so I didn't know anything to perform .  That's what they thought ! Hahaha...I see they get gifts when they do something on stage. To my parents surprise I went on stage and sang " Happy Birthday " . Everybody burst into laughter and applause . I didn't just get one gift that day ...got lots of kisses and hugs too . Mom told me  "what a nice piece my girl  , we are celebrating Jesus birthday and I'm so proud of you " . Up to now my cousins would still recall that story during Christmas  and tease me about how unashamed I was then. 

My simple childish desire at that time may have been focused on the temporal gift I would receive from the fat man in the red suit . But now I hope and pray that I ( or we) could be as unashamed to sing and proclaim to people that I ( we)  have received the Best Gift in the person of Jesus Christ my savior , and I will always be proud to sing happy birthday to Him . 

As this post made me think and look back , there were so many fond memories with family but this one gives me a lesson as well as makes me smile ....that I can learn from the "little me " that if there is a gift being offered , it depends on me if I want to receive a gift or not ...I can just watch on the sideline as other people get their gifts ...or I can stand up and get my Gift too! 

Happy Birthday Jesus! Who wants to sing with me? :D 

on December 22, 2014 1 likes

I will sing with you, M...

Thank you Lord for saving my soul

Thank you Lord for making me whole

Thank you Lord for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free!

M said:
Mmmmm.... I have so many childhood memories but I only have to pick one ...and I chose the unashamed little me :D 

When I was just 4 years old my mom had a christmas program in the hospital were she works. 
They listed the employees kids at 6 to 8 yrs old to perform on stage then they get a gift from Santa afterwards. 

My name was not in the list because I was too young and wasn't in school yet so I didn't know anything to perform .  That's what they thought ! Hahaha...I see they get gifts when they do something on stage. To my parents surprise I went on stage and sang " Happy Birthday " . Everybody burst into laughter and applause . I didn't just get one gift that day ...got lots of kisses and hugs too . Mom told me  "what a nice piece my girl  , we are celebrating Jesus birthday and I'm so proud of you " . Up to now my cousins would still recall that story during Christmas  and tease me about how unashamed I was then. 

My simple childish desire at that time may have been focused on the temporal gift I would receive from the fat man in the red suit . But now I hope and pray that I ( or we) could be as unashamed to sing and proclaim to people that I ( we)  have received the Best Gift in the person of Jesus Christ my savior , and I will always be proud to sing happy birthday to Him . 

As this post made me think and look back , there were so many fond memories with family but this one gives me a lesson as well as makes me smile ....that I can learn from the "little me " that if there is a gift being offered , it depends on me if I want to receive a gift or not ...I can just watch on the sideline as other people get their gifts ...or I can stand up and get my Gift too! 

Hi All,

My Christmas memories are all very well, I experienced and done all the cultural and traditional things during Christmas season, from my childhood to present it's because of having a great loving family . Our Christmas become most meaningful when all the members of family known  and received Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, having His gift of Salvation made us more loving to each other, following and obeying His commanments. 

Merry Christmas to all ...God bless!

Steve said:

I will sing with you, M...

Thank you Lord for saving my soul

Thank you Lord for making me whole

Thank you Lord for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free!

M said:

Amen! Thank you Lord for saving my soul . 

A great pleasure to sing with you Kuya Steve! 

on December 26, 2014 1 likes

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close