Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Can you be Transgendered and Christian?

Update | Cancel

Posted on October 19,2014

Most Christians are skeptic about this issue. I heard and read a lot of reactions and insights lately about this due to the recent murder case of a transgender, he was killed by a US serviceman with still an unclear reason. 

In the Philippines, as how my husband and I see it, this transgender issues became more acceptable to the society because the media promotes it..they are in most commercials, tv shows, tv series etc. we have so much freedom that webecame blinded on what offends God! As a parent, we are responsible also in teaching and establishing our child's sexual orientation. I believe that the decision of an individual to be a transgender doesn't just happened overnight. There are series of events, experienced and sort of encouragements in there lives that lead them to choose this sexual orientation.

The Bible has plenty to say about human sexuality. Most basic to our understanding of sex is that God created two (and only two) genders: “male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). All the modern-day speculation about numerous genders—or even a gender “continuum” with unlimited genders—is unbiblical.

In Psalm 139, we learn that God fashions each one of us. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. . . . My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. . . . your eyes saw my unformed body” (verses 13-16). God’s creation of each individual must surely include His designation of gender/sex. His wonderful work leaves no room for mistakes; no one is born with the “wrong body.”

In the Law, transvestism / transvestitism was specifically forbidden: “A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this” (Deuteronomy 22:5).

Lastly, the Bible say: "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality (malakos), 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor. 6:9-10).

The good news is, SIN can be forgiven and life can be change through Christ! 1 Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I have friends whom are transgendered, i respect them but it doesn't mean I agree on their sexual preferences. I still pray that one day they will decide to change, choose, live and honor how God created them to be.

on October 19, 2014 6 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Lei,

Thanks for sharing, praying you're doing well with your baby and my regards to Don!

I just read this….. and share…………

As Christians, transgendered and gay/bi/lesbian, we share much in common-- our self-struggles, our coming-out, our fight for acceptance among families, society and churches, and our common faith and spirituality, regardless of how we express it.

I believe that we have a lot of learning to do about each other, and that we have much to contribute to each other as well. Tolerance of our differences is important, not only because we share the same Lord as His Servants but because we share many of the same sufferings and persecutions for being who He created us to be-- accepted by Him.

This tolerance (at the very least) or full acceptance (at the greatest) appears to be coming as we focus first on the first thing-- being Christians-- and secondarily upon what we share in common. Only then can we accomplish what needs to be done in order to bring about this same tolerance or acceptance within the Body of Christ, whether we are gay, transgendered, Black, Native American, geniuses or sheer morons, or just a little bit different!

This is my comments on this:

God created a man and a woman only (Gen. 1:27).  We have freewill. They choose to be gays, lesbians, transgender, etc. God loves His children but not the choice they have chosen. It’s a human sin, and we’re not here to condemned or judge them, only God is our Judge.

If we know someone like this, as supposed some of us, as we seen on these days some as early as 2 years old imitate the way of a gays/lesbians or whatever, that's our time (God's time),  to share and let them know the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ, if they will listen or not, it’s their prerogative but they must know that they will stand alone before God.  

“No excuse of ‘not fair with God’s judgment, no one will urge that every situation is Unfair!” God does what is fair, just, and right concerning ALL matters.

Shall not the God of all the earth do right?" (Gen 18.25)

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. (Deut 32.4)

He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity. (Ps 98.9)

God is so perfectly good and so perfectly fair in ALL His dealings with us. His patience in delaying judgment (2 Pet 3) and His provision for forgiveness through the death of His Son (2 Cor 5), although often cast in His teeth in derision, is ample witness of His heart. His dealings with us incorporate ALL of the issues of our hearts, our background, and our basic attitudes toward truth/life.

God bless!

credits to : http://www.whosoever.org/v2Issue2/shanor.html & http://christianthinktank.com/hnohear.html

on October 20, 2014 5 likes

No, a person can't be transgenered and Christian.  As the original poster says, a man and woman should not be wearing the opposite gender's clothing since that is something that God detests.  We are to be kind to such people and share God's truth in love and pray for them.  

But if a person lives that way and claims to be Christian, then unless they repent of that, we are to have nothing to do with them.

on October 20, 2014 5 likes

@ Ellen and Lei

You have shared some very insightful things to think and reflect on. Thank you.

@ Lei     The incident you refer to was commited by a US Marine. The apparant motive was robbery of the Marine. Though NCIS has not been invited into the investigation, my source of information is fairly reliable on this incident. The transgender you refer to was tied to a German who was the boyfriend. There were protests outside the US embassy on this incident. A very sad thing to have happened.     

on October 20, 2014 1 likes

Being a Christian is a family thing. All people are born into the family of Adam, who rejected God, and became a child of the devil. So all people, are born into the devils family. In order to become a child of God, a person has to yield to the will and Lordship of Jesus Christ, God's son, whom the bible calls the second Adam. So has a person been adopted into the family of God or are they still a child of the devil?

Rejecting God's advice and counsel on any matter is the same as rejecting God Himself.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. NASU

This scripture is very broad, per-marital sex, adultery, effeminate (by way of perversion) gays, and those who are thieves are all in the same boat. They are all children of the devil, and are not going to inherit the kingdom of God.

Yet God is greater than all of our sin. If someone repents of the evil way of thinking and acting, God is able to save, to wash, and to sanctify.

Jude 20-23 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh. NKJV

The real danger lies for any person who chooses to reject God. If someone hardens themselves to the truth, they loose the ability to discern light from darkness, and will end up is a place of destruction where no-one can help them. It is especially dangerous when people start saying that God is on their side, or that God is the one who made them like this. The devil is behind all sin, and to say that it is not sin, that it is God's will, is the same thing as saying the devil is their God.

If a person gets to the place where they exchange the truth of God for a lie, then no-one can help them. They are very close to disaster!

Romans 1:24-25 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. NKJV

So to become a transgender is to worship self, and to worship the devil. (both are mere created things). The only hope for man is Christ, Jesus.

Notice the danger is not just for those who practice the sin, in the case of your question, the sin of becoming a transgender, It is also for those who approve of the conduct too.

Romans 1:28-32 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. NKJV

Embrace the truth. It is the truth that will make you free!

Romans 5:12-17 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned — 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.) NKJV

Join the family of God; Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Adopt His way of thinking. If you are in the Family, don't go looking to leave the family and return to the devils crowd. Time is short. The end of all things is at hand. So what manner of lives shall we lead? 'Come out from them, and be separate says the Lord, and I shall be a Father unto you.' (2 Cor 6: 17-18)

on October 20, 2014 3 likes

Mark said:

No, a person can't be transgenered and Christian.  As the original poster says, a man and woman should not be wearing the opposite gender's clothing since that is something that God detests.  We are to be kind to such people and share God's truth in love and pray for them.  

But if a person lives that way and claims to be Christian, then unless they repent of that, we are to have nothing to do with them.

What about all the women wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Some with short hair even?

on October 20, 2014 2 likes

Brian said:

Mark said:

What about all the women wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Some with short hair even?

Jeans and T-Shirts are not gender specific as are dresses and business suits.

Short hair by choice would be an issue, as "a woman's hair is her crown" and should be long as a source of honor and self-esteem.  However if hair is short due to a medical reason (like cancer) or for a charitable purpose (such as the 14 year old girl in Ohio who is being bullied for having short hair after donating 14" of growth to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer) is not an issue.

What is important is the individual's intent.  Does she want short hair because she feels like a boy?  Is she choosing to wair jeans and a T-Shirt with the intent to appear or be masculine?  Those intentions are not acceptable to God.

on October 21, 2014 2 likes

So much issues about that person its because of media,and surrounded by all the negative thoughts of human being. The family who forget about God purposes of there love ones life in this world. All of us forget that we don't know what would be happened in our life next. Un expected because in this world devil never sleep.For me I'm really sure before he end his breath in this humans world i know he recognized GOD in his life,he ask forgiveness in his sin. Now he have a peaceful life where ever he is. ONLY DISCRIMINATION AND JUDGEMENTAL PEOPLE letting the devils words and work spreading the issues in my country using media or whatever!!! He's life ended in that way and that's Gods plan...he end his life by the devils work. In his last breath he call GOD.

Only God knows everything!!! We just pray together that one day the family of victim will accept the truth,and realize Gods purpose. The issues will be a lessons to learned for all of us...who believe in JESUS!!!

God bless us all :-)

That`s my own opinion being a Christian.

on October 23, 2014 0 likes

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close