Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Hirinugyaw-Suguidanonay Festival

Update | Cancel

Posted on October 01,2014

Hello CF Family

Start planning, pack your bags...:) In a few months the Hirinugyaw-Suguidanonay Festival will once again take place. (the end of January running into Febuary) You can translate this to be a celebration of jubilation and cheer, of sharing. It is held in Calinog, Iloilo province. It is a cultural-religious celebration.  In the begining it was simply known as the Hirinugyaw Festival. In the early 2000's they added Suguidanonay.  On the cultural side it displays the rich and colorful history of the Aetas community and Panay Bukidnon community. They do this through costumes and dance to tell stories along with oral histories being passed on. Ethnic heritage is something to be remembered, cherished, never forgotten The festival also pays homage to the Holy Infant Jesus/Santo Nino. You will hear the phrase Viva Senior Santo Nino shouted out. There is much to do and see. Various competitions. When this festaval first started over 30 years ago, it was looked at as being a copy cat of the Dinagyan festival In Iloilo City. In the past ten years it has proven to be so much more. Representing the interior cultural history of Panay. I invite you all to come and visit. Check out this wonderful festival. It is a safe place to visit and you will feel very welcome. I feel blessed to have been able to consider this area home. To see this festival from when it began. Though I will probably live elsewhere when I return, Calinog will always maintain a very special place in my heart.

Mabuhay Pilipinas!

God Bless

on October 1, 2014 2 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi James,

If my time allows me, I have already my itineraries for where to go on next year :

January 2014

2nd week in Batanes, Group of Islands;(I have my tickets and accommodations here)

3nd Sunday be in Sinulog festival in Cebu;

4th Sunday be in Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City (M:))

February 2014

3 & 4th week for Panagbenga, Flower Festival & Strawberry Festival in Baguio

March 2014

Tinguan Festival in Bangued, Abra 

Tinikling in Malaybalay City

April 2014 - Birthday month with my son ( out of the country visits)

so far that's it.

Praying to push through and praying for health and God's provisions.

God bless!

on October 2, 2014 2 likes

Ellen said:

Hi James,

If my time allows me, I have already my itineraries for where to go on next year :

January 2014

2nd week in Batanes, Group of Islands;(I have my tickets and accommodations here)

3nd Sunday be in Sinulog festival in Cebu;

4th Sunday be in Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City (M:))

February 2014

3 & 4th week for Panagbenga, Flower Festival & Strawberry Festival in Baguio

March 2014

Tinguan Festival in Bangued, Abra 

Tinikling in Malaybalay City

April 2014 - Birthday month with my son ( out of the country visits)

so far that's it.

Praying to push through and praying for health and God's provisions.

God bless!

Hi Ellen

Oh my, very nice itinearary. I do hope your time allows. Hirinugyaw-Suguidanonay and Dinagyang take place at the same time for the most part. Calinog is only about 35 k from Iloilo City, mabe a little over an hour ride. Going to see Masff (M:)) are you? You will enjoy the Dinagyang Festival. I might be around for the Sinulog (God willing) Then you go up to Baguio, how lucky...:) Baguio Botanical Garden is so beautiful. Camp John Hay, The Philippine Military Acadamy, so much to do in that area. You can go see the mummies in Kabayan too. I see what you are doing...festival time with short work breaks in between...hehehe  God will keep you in good health and see you through. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Happy Happy Joy Joy guiding light of the sisterhood.

(maybe Kaaluman w/Angelie in August :~P)

God Bless

on October 2, 2014 0 likes

Hi Mr James,

I'm guessing that you had already experienced almost festivals that were celebrated all over Philippine island (more than I do :) ). Philippines are enriched with different kinds of festivities clebrated through out the year. It justifies the banner "It's More Fun in the Philippines" :-) whenever time of the year, you will always find something to enjoy and had alot of fun with.

I wish you more happy memories of Philippines and it's people.

God bless!

Hi James, 

In Iloilo of course with your Masff M, and other parts nearby we will take advantage of the time of my going there. Maybe proceed to Bacolod. Yes, business with pleasure, I am always in Baguio yearly every Panagbenga Festival and if you saw last February I posted here our photos with CF ladies.

Thank you for the prayers and likewise do prayers for you and I hope we can meet and fellowship with you.

Happy Happy Joy Joy Sisterhood :)

God bless!

James said:

Oh my, very nice itinearary. I do hope your time allows. Hirinugyaw-Suguidanonay and Dinagyang take place at the same time for the most part. Calinog is only about 35 k from Iloilo City, mabe a little over an hour ride. Going to see Masff (M:)) are you? You will enjoy the Dinagyang Festival. I might be around for the Sinulog (God willing) Then you go up to Baguio, how lucky...:) Baguio Botanical Garden is so beautiful. Camp John Hay, The Philippine Military Acadamy, so much to do in that area. You can go see the mummies in Kabayan too. I see what you are doing...festival time with short work breaks in between...hehehe  God will keep you in good health and see you through. I'll keep you in my prayers too. Happy Happy Joy Joy guiding light of the sisterhood.

(maybe Kaaluman w/Angelie in August :~P)

God Bless

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close