Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Kaamulan Festival Centennial Celebration-malaybalay city Bukidnon

Update | Cancel

Posted on August 28,2014

"KAAMULAN" is from the binukid word "AMUL" which means "to gather".it is a gathering of bukidnon tribes people  for a purpose.it can mean a datuship ritual,a wedding ceremony,a thanksgiving festival during harvest time.a peace pact,or all of these put together.

Kaamulan is held annually from the 3rd week of febuary to 2nd week of march.but this year 2014 it is move to its original months august 1 up to september 1.in malaybalay city bukidnon.kaamulan festival celebrates the gathering of seven tribes who are the original inhabitants of bukidnon.namely Higaonon,Talaandig,Manobo,Matigsalog,Tigwahanon,Umayamnon and Bukidnon.Dubbed as the most authentic ethnic festival in the country.the festivity's main highlight is the ethnic street dancing competition,a spectacular showcase of the provinces rich cultural traditions through dance steps,colorful costumes and tribal beats.

There are many activities

Laga ta bukidnon,laga means lady.a beauty pageant in the province.congrats to ms.M smith for win the crown.

-rodeo,motorcross,garden show,food festival,indigenous bazaar,livestock show,more games.and has 2 days of street dancing august 30-31..

Happy kaamulan to all bukidnonians!

on August 28, 2014 2 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Angelie,

Thanks for sharing facts about Bukidnon, I hope next year we can schedule to go there to see your beautiful place :)

God bless!

angelie said:

"KAAMULAN" is from the binukid word "AMUL" which means "to gather".it is a gathering of bukidnon tribes people  for a purpose.it can mean a datuship ritual,a wedding ceremony,a thanksgiving festival during harvest time.a peace pact,or all of these put together.

Kaamulan is held annually from the 3rd week of febuary to 2nd week of march.but this year 2014 it is move to its original months august 1 up to september 1.in malaybalay city bukidnon.kaamulan festival celebrates the gathering of seven tribes who are the original inhabitants of bukidnon.namely Higaonon,Talaandig,Manobo,Matigsalog,Tigwahanon,Umayamnon

on August 28, 2014 1 likes

Hi ate ellen

Your welcome!Next year Ate we can go there :-)

Saturday and sunday is a street dancing parade..and by monday is fireworks display and manila artist will be there

Higaonon is my tribe :-)

Bukidnon the place where i belong!

Godbless!

Ellen said:

Hi Angelie,

Thanks for sharing facts about Bukidnon, I hope next year we can schedule to go there to see your beautiful place :)

God bless!

on August 28, 2014 1 likes

angelie said:

Kaamulan is held annually from the 3rd week of febuary to 2nd week of march.but this year 2014 it is move to its original months august 1 up to september 1.in malaybalay city bukidnon.kaamulan festival celebrates the gathering of seven tribes who are the original inhabitants of bukidnon.namely Higaonon,Talaandig,Manobo,Matigsalog,Tigwahanon,Umayamnon and Bukidnon.Dubbed as the most authentic ethnic festival in the country.the festivity's main highlight is the ethnic street dancing competition,a spectacular showcase of the provinces rich cultural traditions through dance steps,colorful costumes and tribal beats.

There are many activities

Laga ta bukidnon,laga means lady.a beauty pageant in the province.congrats to ms.M smith for win the crown.

-rodeo,motorcross,garden show,food festival,indigenous bazaar,livestock show,more games.and has 2 days of street dancing august 30-31..

Happy kaamulan to all bukidnonians!

Hi Angelie

Thank you for sharing this. This is a fesitval I have never had the chance to attend yet. I'm sure it would be a wonderful celebration to experience. To see all the traditional ethnic tribal dress. Many foreigners overlook and never get a chance too see and understand the rich and wonderful ancestry of the various tribal/ethnic groups in the Philippines. It is a great thing that the ancestry never be forgotten. Each unique. I have been blessed to see many. From the Ilonggo in the home area to the Igorot. God willing, I will get to experience this one day. Happy Kaaluman:))) Are you going to wear traditional Higaonon dress?:~D  Take care...  (still trying to figure out the proper way to pronounce kaaluman... hehehe)

God Bless

on August 29, 2014 1 likes

Hi sir james

Thank you for the greetings.anyway im not wear the traditional clothes lol..only the dancers and the datu and bae!wear the traditional dress we are in new generation.:-)but were not forget were we came from..

I have and unkle who is the datu and do the rituals marriage ceremony..but i am not to use it because we have a church and a pastor.if ever i were going to get marry. :-) 

Ka-a-mu-lan  to make it pronounce not kaaluman hahaha.

Your welcome to tour bukidnon.to watch it is safe for foriegner

Godbless bukidnon my home!

Hi Angelie

Thank you for sharing this. This is a fesitval I have never had the chance to attend yet. I'm sure it would be a wonderful celebration to experience. To see all the traditional ethnic tribal dress. Many foreigners overlook and never get a chance too see and understand the rich and wonderful ancestry of the various tribal/ethnic groups in the Philippines. It is a great thing that the ancestry never be forgotten. Each unique. I have been blessed to see many. From the Ilonggo in the home area to the Igorot. God willing, I will get to experience this one day. Happy Kaaluman:))) Are you going to wear traditional Higaonon dress?:~D  Take care...  (still trying to figure out the proper way to pronounce kaaluman... hehehe)

God Bless

angelie said:

Hi sir james

Thank you for the greetings.anyway im not wear the traditional clothes lol..only the dancers and the datu and bae!wear the traditional dress we are in new generation.:-)but were not forget were we came from..

I have and unkle who is the datu and do the rituals marriage ceremony..but i am not to use it because we have a church and a pastor.if ever i were going to get marry. :-) 

Ka-a-mu-lan  to make it pronounce not kaaluman hahaha.

Your welcome to tour bukidnon.to watch it is safe for foriegner

Godbless bukidnon my home!

Hi Angelie

God Bless

Hi Angelie

Thank you for the clarification on pronunciation. I have learned that sometimes in Tagalog and Cebuano one word can be pronounced two different ways and have two different meanings. I have made this mistake with funny results...  hehehe  Enjoy the festival this weekend. It would have been fun to see you dressed up in traditional costume and dancing:))) I would feel totaly safe going to that festival. I do not like that many stereotype Mindinao as being a dangerous place. Take care. Have fun.

God Bless

yesssss.....angelie take note what our madam said,we are going to visit there next year.please please...never been there ,i heard bipukidnin is nice and beautiful place ..happy kaamulan    :)

Ellen said:

Hi Angelie,

God bless!

angelie said:

Kaamulan is held annually from the 3rd week of febuary to 2nd week of march.but this year 2014 it is move to its original months august 1 up to september 1.in malaybalay city bukidnon.kaamulan festival celebrates the gathering of seven tribes who are the original inhabitants of bukidnon.namely Higaonon,Talaandig,Manobo,Matigsalog,Tigwahanon,Umayamnon

on August 30, 2014 1 likes

Your welcome sir james.i dont know how to dance lol..thank you!

Hi sis vevs yess we will do that next year..hehehe!

Happy birthday bukidnon!iloveyou :-)

Hi Angelie

God Bless

Hi Angelie

Thank you for the clarification on pronunciation. I have learned that sometimes in Tagalog and Cebuano one word can be pronounced two different ways and have two different meanings. I have made this mistake with funny results...  hehehe  Enjoy the festival this weekend. It would have been fun to see you dressed up in traditional costume and dancing:))) I would feel totaly safe going to that festival. I do not like that many stereotype Mindinao as being a dangerous place. Take care. Have fun.

God Bless

on September 2, 2014 1 likes

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close