Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Holy WEEK

Update | Cancel

Posted on March 20,2013

This coming March 28,29, Filipinos celebrates HOLY WEEK. lunes santo, martes santo, myerkules santo, huwebes santo, and byrnes santo ( one week)  all christians give emphasis during holy week especially on friday and sunday. friday, it is memory that christ died on the cross on that day during noontime right? some of them believe that friday,GOD is dead, so, those who believe, do not go anywhere because God is dead until saturday -BLACK SATURDAY, christians, we go to church to worship, meditate, and pray to God in remembrance to his death on the cross. But God is not dead on holy week right?  On sunday, It is customary to my belief at 5am in the morning, we go to church to worship in memory that God is risen sunday morning, he did not remain dead, He is Risen ! what a glorius day ! we take a lord supper, we used grape juice, symbolizes the blood of christ and small pieces of bread, symbolizes the flesh of christ. So, every sunday, 1st sunday of the month, we take a Lord Supper in remembrance and proclaiming of his death on the cross..God Bless you, our HOPE is in God because, He is Alive !

I believe that all who profess belief in Christ recognize the lenten season as a christian celebration of the death and resurrection of the savior of humanity. My idea is to suggest the inclusion in the profile of the participant whether he/she celebrate passively or actively this celebration. This will provide a natural segregation of those who does not have anything to do with its celebration as belonging to "their" group.

Yes Holy week should be remember and celebrate... because it is all about the great love of God for each and every one of us. John 3:16 "For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son that who so ever believe in Him wil not perish but have an everlasting life." Our Lord Jesus gave His life for everyone, for the salvation of our soul. Know our Lord Jesus Christ more and have a relationship with Him and your life will never be the same. You will have more reasons to commemorate and celebrate holy week :) God bless everyone and a blessed holy week...

cyrus said:

I believe that all who profess belief in Christ recognize the lenten season as a christian celebration of the death and resurrection of the savior of humanity. My idea is to suggest the inclusion in the profile of the participant whether he/she celebrate passively or actively this celebration. This will provide a natural segregation of those who does not have anything to do with its celebration as belonging to "their" group.

Cyrus segregation is wrong:

1Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Eph 2:14  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; But today God has no preference all who will come to him by the cross of Christ shall be his made into one man, the church of God.

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

1Cor 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called [to be] saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

1Cor 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

1Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You can not be his witness before others if you segregate yourself from them.

I do not disagree with all the verses posted by Tim. What I was wanting to say is that there are Christians who do not celebrate the Holy week like the 7th dayb Adventists, Latter Day Saints, The Name above all name of Quiboloy who has established a "New Jerusalem in DAvao City, Philippines.

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close