Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

(Locked)Experiences Dating Women from Filipino Cupid and DateInAsia Websites

Update | Cancel

Posted on April 19,2014

I am about to relate to you many stories that involve women that I have met online.  I wish to state up front, that these women, WERE NOT MET on Christian Filipina.  The majority of them were met on Filipino cupid and Date in Asia websites.

First girl I met, was from Cebu.  She was working abroad in China.  I fell head over heels in love with this 35 year old woman, based on photographs, telephone calls, and daily chats on YM.  Long story short, it was all a scam and I got taken for a lot of money, on the premise of trying to bring her to America.

2nd girl I met, told me that her daughter was sick in the hospital.  Being wary, after just being burned, I asked for the hospital names, looked it up, and asked the nurses station, if they had a child by her name.  They didn't, and when I confronted her, she admitted she had lied, but then tried the story that her brothers and sisters needed money for schooling.  I asked for the name of the school, and who was in charge of the money, and she declined to tell me.

3rd girl I met, told me that she had been to the states, on a business trip.  She provided documents of her passport, and visa.  She told me that when she was in the states, she had met a man, whom she fell in love with.  They communicated back and forth for over a year, and when she was going back, to the states, to see him, found out he was married.  She wanted then to instead come to me, and met face to face.  This turned out, also to be a lie, and I got scammed again.

4th girl I met was very nice, and never asked me for money.  I liked her a lot, but then she went offline for 3 months, and any interest in her faded.

5th gril I met, we hit it off pretty well.  She was separated, 35 years old, with no children.  Did not have a job, and lived with her dad, mom, grandmother, and neice.  We hit it off well.  So well, that I made preparations to try and secure a "sponsored visa", for her.  While we waited for her interview, she askes for money, for internet, so that we could continue chatting.  I thought it was a good idea to keep in touch.  She ended up spending the money, on her neices' schooling, without consulting me.  When the time came for her interview, and she had not heard from me, she panicked, went to a cafe' and got a hold of me.  I told her that she lied to me, and that was the end of THAT relationship.

Along the way, I had a girl claim that she needed money, to buy a uniform, so that she could work at AVON.  Her wages would be greatly increased from her laundry work.  The next day after sending it to her, she claims that she was hit by a car, and needed money for medicine.

Met a nice girl from Cebu, but after chatting with her, I decided that she was too young for me.  She was 25, I am 55.  She did not ask me for anything.

Somewhere along this time, I came to the conclusion that if I wanted a Filipino bride, that I would have to visit the Philippines, so that we would qualify for a fiance visa.

Last Nov/Dec. I made that trip and I met my woman, whom I met on Date in Asia.  She was very sweet, and we were very comfortable with each other.  Upon my arrival back in the states, I started the process, to get approved, for a fiance visa.  It has now been 5 weeks, since my application.  5 days ago, while talking to my fiance, she tells me that she has been sick.  She was scared to tell me, but she needed an operation.  The doctor had found a stone, on her gall bladder, and she was in a lot of pain.  She told me the cost of this operation was 50,000 pesos.  But she was going to her friends in providence, because she had heard its cheaper there.

While she was in providence, she told me that the hospital there, was 40,000, but she was hoping to get it cheaper.  I told her that I had no money to send her, but would try to figure something out.

She went back home to Makati, and in the meantime, I applied for a loan, for the 50000.  When I got approved for the loan, I was excited to her, and called her on the phone.  We made arrangements to chat on skype the next day.

The next day she tells me that she is in awful pain, and really does not want to wait, for the operation. (The providence hospital was closed for holy week).  I said, you mean you want to use the hospital that charges 50,000?  She said, "It costs more than that".  I said what do you mean?  She said the doctor referred her to a hospital, and the cost was 80,000.

We went back in forth, and the truth as I find out, is ....the first hospital she was referred to was a private hospital, and the cost for that was 80,000.  She then tells me that this was too expensive.  So my only conclusion is this....She was hoping that I would have sent her the 80,000, and then had the operation done at the hospital that cost 50,000.  Allowing her to pocket the extra 30,000.

Because of this, I no longer trust her.  She screwed herself, and by screwing herself, she has screwed us both.

I do not know what it is with filipino women, but this certainly is NOT an isolated incident.  This is the norm, rather than the exception.

Feel free to comment.

Sad hearing these bad experiences...not only twice,trice...5 times? Wow! (we filipinos had a idioms/saying of such... won't say it...might add more injuries lol)

Don't be sad you're not alone Sir... even us filipina women been scammed too... could i say i no longer trust western men? No..coz if I say so I should have been cancel my account and not posting in this forum anymore. I look it as lesson learned and take 3 steps forward to be more smarter. :)

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but give us power, love and self-discipline(sound-mind)”. 2 Timothy 1:7

From where, then, does wisdom come? And where is the place of understanding? Job 28:20

Hi James,

It's not a norm. Not all Filipinas are all like that, all that mistakes be a lesson learned.

I am saddened for all the things that happened to you. First of all like what the CF told us not to sent any money, if they requested you for that without seeing you first, it's a red flag.

The next time if you want a relationship or talking to any girl on this site, seek God first, ask His guidance, if you are truly honest to find a woman to be with forever ..search the desire of your heart, seek according to His will. You have to bring all in prayers in searching for the desires of your heart. 

Do not fall in love or have a commitment before meeting face to face.

God bless!

James said:

I am about to relate to you many stories that involve women that I have met online.  I wish to state up front, that these women, WERE NOT MET on Christian Filipina.  The majority of them were met on Filipino cupid and Date in Asia websites.

First girl I met, was from Cebu.  She was working abroad in China.  I fell head over heels in love with this 35 year old woman, based on photographs, telephone calls, and daily chats on YM.  Long story short, it was all a scam and I got taken for a lot of money, on the premise of trying to bring her to America.

2nd girl I met, told me that her daughter was sick in the hospital.  Being wary, after just being burned, I asked for the hospital names, looked it up, and asked the nurses station, if they had a child by her name.  They didn't, and when I confronted her, she admitted she had lied, but then tried the story that her brothers and sisters needed money for schooling.  I asked for the name of the school, and who was in charge of the money, and she declined to tell me.

3rd girl I met, told me that she had been to the states, on a business trip.  She provided documents of her passport, and visa.  She told me that when she was in the states, she had met a man, whom she fell in love with.  They communicated back and forth for over a year, and when she was going back, to the states, to see him, found out he was married.  She wanted then to instead come to me, and met face to face.  This turned out, also to be a lie, and I got scammed again.

4th girl I met was very nice, and never asked me for money.  I liked her a lot, but then she went offline for 3 months, and any interest in her faded.

5th gril I met, we hit it off pretty well.  She was separated, 35 years old, with no children.  Did not have a job, and lived with her dad, mom, grandmother, and neice.  We hit it off well.  So well, that I made preparations to try and secure a "sponsored visa", for her.  While we waited for her interview, she askes for money, for internet, so that we could continue chatting.  I thought it was a good idea to keep in touch.  She ended up spending the money, on her neices' schooling, without consulting me.  When the time came for her interview, and she had not heard from me, she panicked, went to a cafe' and got a hold of me.  I told her that she lied to me, and that was the end of THAT relationship.

Along the way, I had a girl claim that she needed money, to buy a uniform, so that she could work at AVON.  Her wages would be greatly increased from her laundry work.  The next day after sending it to her, she claims that she was hit by a car, and needed money for medicine.

Met a nice girl from Cebu, but after chatting with her, I decided that she was too young for me.  She was 25, I am 55.  She did not ask me for anything.

Somewhere along this time, I came to the conclusion that if I wanted a Filipino bride, that I would have to visit the Philippines, so that we would qualify for a fiance visa.

Last Nov/Dec. I made that trip and I met my woman, whom I met on Date in Asia.  She was very sweet, and we were very comfortable with each other.  Upon my arrival back in the states, I started the process, to get approved, for a fiance visa.  It has now been 5 weeks, since my application.  5 days ago, while talking to my fiance, she tells me that she has been sick.  She was scared to tell me, but she needed an operation.  The doctor had found a stone, on her gall bladder, and she was in a lot of pain.  She told me the cost of this operation was 50,000 pesos.  But she was going to her friends in providence, because she had heard its cheaper there.

While she was in providence, she told me that the hospital there, was 40,000, but she was hoping to get it cheaper.  I told her that I had no money to send her, but would try to figure something out.

She went back home to Makati, and in the meantime, I applied for a loan, for the 50000.  When I got approved for the loan, I was excited to her, and called her on the phone.  We made arrangements to chat on skype the next day.

The next day she tells me that she is in awful pain, and really does not want to wait, for the operation. (The providence hospital was closed for holy week).  I said, you mean you want to use the hospital that charges 50,000?  She said, "It costs more than that".  I said what do you mean?  She said the doctor referred her to a hospital, and the cost was 80,000.

We went back in forth, and the truth as I find out, is ....the first hospital she was referred to was a private hospital, and the cost for that was 80,000.  She then tells me that this was too expensive.  So my only conclusion is this....She was hoping that I would have sent her the 80,000, and then had the operation done at the hospital that cost 50,000.  Allowing her to pocket the extra 30,000.

Because of this, I no longer trust her.  She screwed herself, and by screwing herself, she has screwed us both.

I do not know what it is with filipino women, but this certainly is NOT an isolated incident.  This is the norm, rather than the exception.

Feel free to comment.

James,

Not all filipinas are like that. However, that said, one must be careful sending any monies. I got scammed myself by a filipina who belonged to christian church and she sent me pictures of her with her christian church in Hong Kong. I sent her money without her asking for it because she said her employer was abusing her and withholding her salary from being a nanny. I am a filipino guy by the way and I did not even suspect she scammed me until she confessed to me one day! So, all of it lies and I considered having a serious relationship with her and even marrying her! I would advise you to pray for God's guidance because he knows what is best for us and spare us from harm, be it financial, disasters, accidents! If it is God's will, you will meet the woman you deserve who will make you happy for life! That you can be sure of. God Bless You and guide you in your quest.

Hey James, Sorry you had these experiences but keep your head up and keep on truckin... Any decent man with a decent heart is at a disadvantage with online dating when looking for a partner abroad.  The scammers know this and will use your good heart against you.   Pray and Pray and than pray some more about your journey and I promise he will guide you and trust your gut instinct.  Always expect the unexpected so take care of yourself first.

Im so sorry to hear your story james, just keep an open mind, dont send money to anyone,  i understand how you feel but i hope you will not forget that there are still a lot of filipina women who are sincerely looking for someone to love and be loved without conditions.

James said:

Feel free to comment.

Hi james,

Sorry for that,try one more time;)stick on CF im sure you can find perfect one from God.

God bless.

James said:

Feel free to comment.

Well, I'm sorry you got taken, but it happens often in the online romance game. You broke the most important rule however, never send anyone you have not met in person money. If they ask even after you have met them, it's time to move on. They are hundreds of thousands of good, decent women there. A good Filipina woman will never ask you for money. They have lived their whole life without you, and they certainly get by now without you. Don't be a sucker for scam artists, they are very good at what they do.

hi sir james,

you are gotten five times? Can't belielve it!! hw come you allowed that to happen. :(  so sad.

as for me, i do my best to equip myself about on line dating/relationship and i find the advise and research articles here very helpful. i read a lot on the forums and i admit sometimes i feel scaref to continue but i always think of some real success stories to rather encourage myself and keep going on seeking and praying. Amen!

i hoped so the 6th one will already be real for you and you will never be scammed again. i agree with one poster here try to stick ib CF for a while. who knows the one for you is just around this site :)

James said:

Feel free to comment.

They said lightning dont strike the same place twice. But it did not struck just twice but more than that. It's like I am reading a book called SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. 

James, in all your decision making, ask God. always ask God. And when you ask God, you also have to use your mind. I mean, I am not saying you were not thinking but just be cautious, be extra careful and really avoid giving money and sending gifts. A pure heart does not require money in order to be pleased.

God bless! If you will ever try searching again. 

Dear James, 

so sorry to hear that you got scammed, careful next time.God bless.

Hi james!

So sad to know your bad experiences..

Dont close your heart..there is genuine filipina waiting for you!

Pray to God!

God bless!

Oh man,Holy cow five times?you got to be kidding me! That's very bad experience,sorry about that.But hey,not all is like that oh money ,money,money!your the cost of some unsuccessful relationship lol.There are still who are genuine out there,Be wise :-D

Happy easter all

James,

I suggest that you trust or not trust an individual; don't group an entire race/nationality/population as trustworthy or not trustworthy.

Online dating may not be the best thing for you.  But if you decide to continue online, this site CF may be your best bet.  Check this site's other Resources about how to tell if a site is actually designed for scamming.

Now that is not to say that you will not find scammers here on CF.  But the admins do ban such scammers once reported.

Pray that you can discern scammers before you get too involved.
Once you meet in person, you have a whole other level of "Are we compatible?" while still watching out for scams.

Scam is identical to Con.  Con is short for confidence.  Verify the level of confidence and you should not get scammed.

James, I think a lot of males here are quietly saying to themselves, after reading your initial post in this thread, "Yes, I can relate exactly to what James has encountered."  Perhaps not so much the money aspect as the a) initial encounters with a Filipina very cheery and friendly, b) relative ease and goodnaturedness of the starting to become acquainted, c) start of inconsistencies and lack of continued train of thinking/thought/discussion becoming evident

However, every Western male needs to know that sooner or later, if on a site like this or simply coming in contact with Filipinas, the "story" with emotion and as an appeal to the man's sympathy will come.   (No, I don't mean with every Filipina.  So I will make it more clear.   If a man has encounters with 12 Filipinas - even in a platonic way - the eventual pitch for money, resources, equipment [to be given freely, not even on loan] will come from at least 1 or 2.   The ratio is at least that high.)

And, I am sorry, there is no equivalency.   Almost simultaneous to your newly opened thread here, James, there is a "How to Know the Guy is Real" thread opened, started by a Christian sister here.  Here is where there is no equivalency in the "asking for money" issue that she raises:   No genuine Christian male is EVER going to ask the woman he is courting or wishes to court for money.  That is forever illogical.  As the Christian man is not even to be considering looking, dating, courting, becoming engaged unless he can already provide for her and any children that might be involved.  The man is always to be the provider.

The Christian man counts the cost and obtains God's blessing before ever sending her the first email.

How can he be the provider if 2-3 months into the newly established long distance, Skype, email, etc. relationship he is pitching to her a request for money?   The one making such a request CANNOT be a Christian.

James, no doubt your thread will get much attention.  Do not pay attention to the nitpickers who will say you were naive, too slow to pick up on a ruse,  too gullible, just not life savvy enough.  If every guy here were truly honest and candidly could lay bare what one encounters trying to get to know the Philippines and Filipinos, it does not read well.

Why this is entirely so remains baffling me.

One naysayer above says, "Well, never give money to someone you have not met in person."   I suppose this thread contributor did not read closely enough of your taking the time, making the effort, spending the money and more to travel to the Philippines to personally meet her and spend time with her.

There seems to be a big disconnect between the stated "I am a Christian" and the actual life day to day application of Christian living principles.  Or there is no compunction at all about lying about being a Christian in the first place.  Or there is a sort of false ethic of Robin Hood about it all, i.e. it is okay to take from the rich(er) ones because we are more disadvantaged.

Or, of course, this is all just part of organized criminal activity.  Please do not just reflexively discount this assertion.

Please, spare me the criticisms of what I write here.  If you will take the time to notice, most thoughtful Christian males come here, engage in the site for a few months at most, make a few Forum comments and then abandon this site altogether.  This can certainly be for several reasons.  But one is the repetition of a) being approached, b) an initial swap of good messages, c)  some good natured and then over the top flirting, d) too swiftly seeking to claim and believe the relationship is deeper than it possibly can be after just 4 - 7 weeks time, e) offense taken at slight things, f) the inconsistencies in communication, g) the sympathy pitch(es) or h) the total abandonment, shut down of communications with not a whiff or prior hint of a problem, issue.  Certainly without the decency of a "goodbye" and stated reason.

James, you state up front that none of these negative encounters had anything to do with this CF site. Well, all I say is please be wary here too. I was lured here by three different allegedly Christian Filipinas who listed on their profiles Philippines towns/cities. Once here and participating, they all went poof, they vanished.  It also turns out that they were not in those locations. Later traces of their 'footprints' showed them at overseas locations well distant from the Philippines. It would not have mattered to me exactly where they were, as the goal was to become acquainted and a friend with a solidly committed Christian Filipina. So why the deceit as to their locations and then the sudden vanishing?

All have their profiles in good active status here to this day, assuredly duping more males day by day, month by month, or whenver the need to do so again arises.

Gentlmen:  Beware.  Caution at every turn.   

To the sincere Christian ladies reading this:  Please do not be so thin skinned and so reflexively defensive.  You should take the focus off yourself and realize the incredibly huge target that some of your Christian brothers place on their backs when exposing themselves as ones seeking a good mate.  None of us take any delight in raising or highlighting this - BUT it is unavoidable if we are to be a people of truth.  If you doubt what James and  others have written here in easily a dozen other very similar threads in this last half year, start a fake male profile on this site (or a similiar one that links men to Filipinas) and just see what happens.  Until you do that, well, you just don't know.

Simultaneously, if you want to differentiate yourself from the "false Filipinas" that the good males here should altogether avoid, please enhance your profile page. Place some well thought out content there.  If you have next to nothing in your "About Me," how can you actually be real and sincerely seeking, sincerely making the effort so that Mister Good Guy Christian man can find you?

Can anyone (male or female) claim to be a Christian and be lying:  Yes.

Can anyone claim to be sincerely looking for a life partner in a lifetime marriage covenant before God and be lying about all of it:  Yes.

But the abundance of these incidents involving Filipina women is probably precisely why Western nations are often so much more strict on travel, tourism, study, residence, marriage etc. visa applications, travel documents.  Every person can do the global comparisions, nation by nation.   Are other nations as so tightly restricted as the citizens of the Philppines?  The answer is an "overall no."  We can decry this as "unfair!" all we want, but it has its fundamental and practical basis in reality - over decades.

For the doubters, spend some time on YouTube.  How many lamenting, sad-faced males can one find baring their souls on places like YouTube as they reveal their stories of being heartbroken and deceived?  Answer:  Quite a lot. 

Sincere Christian ladies and sisters in our Savior Jesus Christ:  Please do not be reflexively angry.  That is not the right response.  I can wholly understand if you do not like this topic. Yes, I understand that.  No one relishes this topic. But do not please deny a big reality. If you do not like this factual truth, then, please speak up.  Change your culture from within.  Be vociferous.  Appeal to those who allegedly have Christian faith to actually always live as God would have us.  Chide those who have Christian family roots but have abandoned Bible reading, Bible study, church attendance in their own lives. Remind them all that God misses nothing.  He sees all; for all we will have to give an account.  We humans can be surely duped; God is never duped. Perhaps the viability of your entire Philippines nation and  society is resting upon, yes, this very integrity issue that is at the core of this problem/discussion.

This weekend we Christians celebrate worldwide Jesus conquering death and sin.  Our sin.  Jesus died so we don't have to live lies, deceit, live as cheats, as ones seeking constant advantage over our neighbors.  He's taken us out of the miry pit. (Psalm 40)

So let's live like that.  Always.

Happy Easter to all those who truly have Jesus as Lord of their hearts.

Do tread carefully here, gentlemen.  One, on any internet site, these people may not even be women.  Two, there seems to be a huge industry in the Philippines and in Asia in general that has to do with deceit and scamming of lonely heart men who are simply looking to find love and a life companion.  That is just a huge fact.

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close