Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

A sumptuous dinner

Update | Cancel

Posted on February 25,2014

The name of the restaurant is [Name not allowed] and they serve delicious Pochero. Pochero is one of the most popular and favorite stew of the Filipinos. This is a real comfort food during rainy season. Wuhoooo. Tonight, It wasn't raining, it wasn't even close to that. But we had a sumptuous dinner with so many dishes served; Pochero, Crabmeat, Grilled Fish, Chorizo, seashells. And take note with everything that we ate tonight we paid only 700 pesos, that's about 14 dollars good for 7 people and we had some leftover. Amazing!

Note: They serve their pochero with ginamos. Ginamos also known as fish bagoong, or salted, fermented tiny fish.

on February 25, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Merlyn;

I think you were the one my Bi'Bro was telling me (you know him our very own Lovely Mr. Vino).

Merlyn, what do you call that food above? the first one photo? it looks so mmmm, my tummy shouting want to taste that. That's a seashells? I think no problem for me to eat that. Do you know the recipe, I just want to try.

By the way, I am Alysa....and if you happen to bump with Bi'Bro kindly tell him I already say Hi to you...

Regards to you Merlyn.

on February 26, 2014 0 likes

Hi Merlyn, this makes me hungry so bad..thanks for posting!

Hi Alysa and Apol,

Yes Alysa that is seashells and it is YUMYUMYUM!

Hahaha Sir Vino is introducing me to all his lovely ladies. He is such a great guy, so thoughtful of him. I do not have the recipe, but you know what you can always experiment...I do know how to cook a different kind of seashells...I just forgot what it is called. I will make some when I am home and will give you the recipe as well.

Hi Apol, yes they are all DELICIOUS.

Lyn,

what do you call that seashells on top? Tahong?I will try to experiment. Namern. Are those chillies? the bigger one? colored green

I love tahong. You can try tahong. the green ones...and use sprite...lamian..yummy. I don't know what it is called in tagalog...it is kinhason in bisaya.

Hi Merlyn! Wow! Yum yum! The first pic is shells with coconut milk? Yum! Damn my diet! Lolz

I actually eat one rice a day...but look at all these viands. Hahahaha

Gypsy said:

Hi Merlyn! Wow! Yum yum! The first pic is shells with coconut milk? Yum! Damn my diet! Lolz

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close