Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Me and Bo the Bear

Update | Cancel

Posted on February 22,2014

Occasionally, I have been known to write a short story. This is one that I wrote very recently and I thought the ladies here might enjoy it. Maybe it could inspire some interesting conversation. I will let the story speak for itself.

Me and Bo the Bear.

There was a café in town and I ate lunch there every day. The food was made fresh every day by the lady who ran the café. Each day I would come in and try something different. The food was always delicious and I always told her how good the food was every time I ate there.

The café was pretty. There were always fresh flowers on the table. The walls were painted in bright colors. And the smell of the kitchen always made my stomach rumble. I wanted to try everything.

The lady at the café was more beautiful than the café itself. She had beautiful brown eyes as deep as the ocean. Her hair flowed around her face like a waterfall. Her smile was big and warm. So every day I went into the café, ate my lunch and wished I could get to know her better.

The café was called the Morning Flower, but all the guys just called it The Café - as though Morning Flower was not good enough. Every guy wanted to know her name, but none of them ever asked. Neither did I.

Every day I came in. Every day I ate lunch. Every day she would smile widely and ask in her sweet voice, “Was it okay today?” But she knew what my answer would be. “It was perfect! It is always amazing. That is why I come every day.” She would always just reply with a big smile. It came to the point that I loved paying the bill because that usually meant her hand would touch mine, even if just for the slightest moment.

Then one day I saw in the newspaper that they found a bear cub lost from its mother and everyone marveled that the bear was so smart it could escape from his cage in just a few minutes. This was a problem for the handlers, so I went down and convinced them to give me the bear. I promised to take the very best care of him.

I named him Bo and I started teaching him tricks. He could sit up. He could roll over. He could even pick out a fork, spoon or knife. He was the smartest bear in the world. My friends said I should sell him to a circus, that he could make me rich. I told my friends that he would make me rich without selling him to the circus.

One day I looked at Bo and I said, “Bo, this is the day I am going to show how smart you really are.”

I put on his collar, and I brushed his fur until it shined. Then we walked on down to the Morning Flower to have lunch.

When I walked inside the café the lady stopped me, “You can’t bring a bear inside the café!”

“Yes Ma’am, I understand but this is the smartest bear in the world and he won’t make a mess.”

“How is he so smart?”

I proceeded to show her Bo’s tricks. “Bo, please sit down.” He sat down. “Bo, please roll over.” Bo rolled over.

The lady said, “Oh that is nice, but any dog can do that.”

“Yes Ma’am, you are right.” Then I got nervous. “Bo, please show her the fork.” Bo slid the fork across the table and the lady was amazed. “Bo, please show her the spoon.”  Bo slid the spoon across the table and the lady was amazed again. “Bo, please show her the knife.”  Bo slid the knife across the table and the lady could not believe her eyes. “That really is the world’s smartest bear!” she exclaimed.

“Wait, there is more,” I continued. “Bo, please go smell the flowers - the YELLOW flowers not the red ones.” Sure enough Bo walked past the first table with the red flowers and stopped at the table with the yellow flowers and smelled them. The lady’s eyes were wide open and her mouth hung open. She could not believe it.

“Let me show you one more trick. But you have to be brave. Do you trust me?”

“Yes, I think so. What are you going to do?”

I explained, “Bo is going to take you into his arms, lift you up, and then he will give you a sweet kiss like you have never had and could never believe.”

“What? You taught that bear to do that?” she said incredulously.

“Oh that is the most important trick and I have been working on it since the day Bo came to be with me.” She looked straight at Bo. Then I said, “Bo, please go kiss the lady like you are in love with her.” But Bo did not move.  I repeated “Bo, please go kiss the lady like you are in love with her.” Again, Bo just sat there.

“I am embarrassed,” I said. “We have been working on this for a very long time. Maybe if I called you by name he would understand? What is your name?”

“Glory,” she said with a soft voice and a doubtful look on her face.

“Glory? Like morning glory?”

“Yes.”

“Oh the café is the Morning Flower, like a morning glory.”

“Yes,” she replied with a big smile and she looked timidly at the floor.

I would try again. “Bo, please go kiss Glory like you are in love with her.”

But Bo would not move at all. He sat there looking around and his nose up high catching the smells coming from the kitchen.

I looked straight at Bo and I stepped closer to Glory, “Bo. I am going to show you how to kiss a woman like you love her just one more time.” ....       

on February 22, 2014 6 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Nice little read Steve.  I love bears, elephants, and women so it kept me interested. 

on February 22, 2014 0 likes

But you didn't get the punchline huh?

Rich said:

Nice little read Steve.  I love bears, elephants, and women so it kept me interested. 

on February 22, 2014 0 likes

Hmmm Bo the bear is the man narrating the story. Gotta take risk when you love...

on February 23, 2014 0 likes

Not Quite. I guess I need to rewrite this. When I TELL the story everybody laughs. What is happening in the last paragraph?

Gypsy said:

Hmmm Bo the bear is the man narrating the story. Gotta take risk when you love...

Hahaha! Poor woman she got tricked, next time I make sure I know what tricks the man can do instead of focusing on the poor bear.... Hahaha!

hahahaha smart steve!

Wow, Bo has more game than all the guys in town, good thing he was your wing man. :)

I think I got it.  You used the bear to get your chance to kiss the woman you had been admiring.  right?

Lol, next time Bo,don't let anyone used you!

He used Bo to kiss the girl? Nah I think there is still a deep meaning here. To the man, I gotta call the animal welfare, Bo needs to be in the wild. Tsk..Tsk...

Steve said:

Not Quite. I guess I need to rewrite this. When I TELL the story everybody laughs. What is happening in the last paragraph?

Gypsy said:

Nice story Mr. Steve!

My observations:

No, the man didn't use Bo to get a kiss from Glory or to trick somebody just to allure him/her!

There was no evil desire behind the man’s coconut shell (brain). The man was simply showing that the bear was the smartest bear in the world.(Literally)

It was the bear’s concluding exercises after the long years of training. Which likewise happen to humans? There are points in our lives that we are brought into test to see if we have learned something.

Bo’s performance in the Café commend that he is the smartest bear in the world, yet, the last command given by his Master was not carry out successfully.

My Analysis:

Why? Because the command says, “Bo, please go kiss the lady like you are in love with her. Now, let me ask TO ALL MEN/WOMEN OUT THERE…CAN YOU GIVE A KISS WITHOUT BEING IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE?

The command were given trice, however, the bear didn’t give a single sign that he wanted to follow…CAN WE DICTATE SOMEONE TO LOVE US? OR CAN SOMEBODY DICTATE YOU TO LOVE HIM/HER?

Namernnn…. Mr. Steve, do you think Glory will allow the man to kiss her, just to show Bo how to kiss a lady like being in lurve???

…itutuloy (to be continued)….will they live happily ever after? 

Tess said:

Hahaha! Poor woman she got tricked, next time I make sure I know what tricks the man can do instead of focusing on the poor bear.... Hahaha!

Yes. He tricked the girl.

Now the question is WHY did he trick the girl? Why did he go to all of the trouble to keep the bear and find a way to teach the bear these tricks?

Rich said:

I think I got it.  You used the bear to get your chance to kiss the woman you had been admiring.  right?

YES! But why did he need a chance?

He wants the girl to trust him that he was sincere of his love for her by showing all the trouble to train even an animal just how he  tried to get close to her. Or, I think the girl is stupid hahaha! Joke. I am sorry for the word..lol..no the guy had no courage to tell the girl how much he wants to know her. He was so scared the girl will reject him, so he made all those tricks to divert the girls attention to the tricks... Lol. I can't think ka lurky namern...hahaha.

Steve said:

Tess said:

Yes. He tricked the girl.

Now the question is WHY did he trick the girl? Why did he go to all of the trouble to keep the bear and find a way to teach the bear these tricks?

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close