Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

giving gifts and being asked for money

Update | Cancel

Posted on February 17,2014

Why is that some there have no concious when asking for money.i have not visited my gf yet because i think it may become an issue.who wants to be frowned upon because you don't freely give away your funds for your stay there.My gf says to not give if asked and they will stop asking,i'm not sure it's so easy to stop a learned behavior.My gf's dad has already asked me once,and i don't want to start this practice

on February 17, 2014 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

If you love the Girl and the family is poor then help them out.

on February 17, 2014 7 likes

Kevin, 

she can afford to go to internet cafe or or internet conection... she is not poor. i believe

giving money without meeting the gurl in person is RED SIGN!!!! 

No matter what the reason behind those excuses   Decent Family will never ask money.. im not being judgemental im just saying my opinion. 

Kevin said:

on February 17, 2014 2 likes

You only have relationship with the gurl  not with his father. You never meet her yet but they interfere with their daughter personal agenda... much more when you meet and marry her . 

Good luck

eddie said:

Why is that some there have no concious when asking for money.i have not visited my gf yet because i think it may become an issue.who wants to be frowned upon because you don't freely give away your funds for your stay there.My gf says to not give if asked and they will stop asking,i'm not sure it's so easy to stop a learned behavior.My gf's dad has already asked me once,and i don't want to start this practice

Never give money to a stranger over the internet you have never met no matter what they say.

on February 17, 2014 2 likes

Hi Eddie, do not let them make you a milking cow for your hard earned money. 

on February 17, 2014 0 likes

Hi eddie,

You can find many topics related to your concern, just search and read them now.

Susanna said:

Hi eddie,

You can find many topics related to your concern, just search and read them now.

This one has a little twist though.  The father is the one asking.

But Eddie, Your girl has already said, "to not give if asked and they will stop asking".

You never met her yet but the father already asked you money, thats red flag.I think the best way is to discuss that matter to your gf very well.

eddie said:

Strange for me, now with your story the father is the one asking for money. How long been the relationship bro?

When you consider someone as your girlfriend visit her. You haven't mentioned the reason why the dad asked the money. Bro., when you seem like if you give that would be the start of a practice or somewhat like you feel it is the start of having obligation don't give, the decision is yours. You know what the situation is. But if you give because you can give, the table is yours again. 

For once we give for beggars on steet, they are strangers , why is not giving with all our willingness to someone special for us if we can without regrets? Well the dicision is ours, for us here, we just read the glimpse of the situation, you knows well the reason.

on February 17, 2014 3 likes

Sometimes I find it odd to hear this from you Eddie it's not that it never happen where the scammer exist but why? Of all the cases its all in the news all over the internet and even here in CF the warnings never stops. You guys still can't figure it out? I don't know whether to believe because the father tried to ask? As far as I know most parents don't interfere in their daughter's affair all the more chatting, unless the ones who did this to you is a scammer who keep these women and he pretend as a father. I can't say that Filipino parents are thick skin to ask a foreigner whom they don't even knew or meet for money even how poor they are. And if they are Christian, comeon! I am defensive because I don't know the truth from both sides who tell who or what is the truth. I felt bad reading a disgusting comment about these parent what if it's not true? Anyways, only God knows. God bless. 

on February 18, 2014 0 likes

eddie said:

Well u have to know what kind of lifestyle they have but don't let anyone love you because of your wealth.

on February 22, 2014 0 likes

Kevin said:

How kind of you Kevin. But for me,it's indecent to ask for money.

Hi Eddie,

Welcome to CF Family!

You stayed in your position not to give  money anyways, you are talking to your GF and not to his father, but make sure that the respect to the father is always there..answer him in a nice and respectful way and know the reasons why he's asking for a money...I hope it's not a drama... :) Be vigilant.

God bless!

Note: I think this is a delayed response..and if you're still at the forum, please update us. We would like to know and have a lesson to your story. Thank you.

eddie said:

Thats right Kevin but if the girl really loves you as a person not your wealth she will never do that asking money to you she will wait until your willing to help her not her parents.

Kevin said:

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close