Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

God, Can I Die?

Update | Cancel

Posted on February 11,2014

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)

on February 11, 2014 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Why Would you want to die? Is it because of problems? If thats the reason, please read footprints in the sand..

God bless

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die? (literally)


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

No, Jane. There is no problem. Can't we not offer our life to Him with our flesh and blood?

Jane said:

Why Would you want to die? Is it because of problems? If thats the reason, please read footprints in the sand..

God bless

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die? (literally)


 


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

We only borrowed our life from HIM,and HIS the only one have the right to end it!

God bless

on February 11, 2014 2 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Karen, before you offer your flesh and blood ask yourself this question? 1. Who am I? Aware who you are and find out your purpose here on earth.

2. What is your soul purpose here on earth which got nothing to do with your mind and body.

3. Who you really are and your divine nature. What is your soul agenda? Then you will know what type of offering God wants in your life. 

I come to this realization as well, that God actually wants us to know the purpose of our soul here on earth not so much our mind and body, because our body will rot but our spirit will go back to God. In our everyday life we should do what pleases in the soul agenda then we can gain favour from God and men. Be encouraged and reap His blessing.

 

Karen said:

No, Jane. There is no problem. Can't we not offer our life to Him with our flesh and blood?

Jane said:

Why Would you want to die? Is it because of problems? If thats the reason, please read footprints in the sand..

God bless

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die? (literally)


 


 


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Yes true that is why God will take my life, not me. I am willing to give it, with no hesitation. 

Cecile said:

We only borrowed our life from HIM,and HIS the only one have the right to end it!

God bless


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

 

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)


Hi Karen,

Hope you are okay. Are you one of those broken hearted? Hope not...

To answer your question Karen, yes for once in my life I did. I was sick and the pain was unbearable. I thought I can no longer make it, it was so so painful, undescribable, and I cannot forget the pain until now because it still hurt at times. I asked God to lay me to rest, but God didnt allow so.

Why would you offer your flesh and blood? That's idolatrous. Ever thinking of offering yourself, is killing. Thou shalt not kill.

Karen, I don't know of what is going on, but the world indeed was made for us to enjoy life, and for Jesus to fullfil its promise.

Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Regards,

Alysa

PS. I almost forgot, I visited here to greet you all a happy valentines. Namern....smile always!

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

I dont know if this is related but remember when God tested Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac?

 

GENESIS 22 - NIV

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore.Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

 

on February 11, 2014 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

I think you found it. I have the feeling that He wants me to give my life. Since I was in highschool I do offer him myself. I even told God I can go to Bosnia if he wants me too. 

He grants my wishes in an exhange for a sacrifice. Not a bloodshed but by me.

Do you think it is weird?

Jane said:

I dont know if this is related but remember when God tested Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac?

 

GENESIS 22 - NIV

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore.Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

 


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

 

Martyrdom is a real calling of God for some people. If you are called to die for Him, He will prepare you for when and where. But keep in mind that in the meantime we are to live for Him too, and I personally think that is the harder road.

 

so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. Philip 1:20-25 NKJV

 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

hello Karen,

no...never...yes sometimes life becomes unberable and hard...but i still find living in this world is a lot better than being six feet under the ground.whatever your pain is,whatever your problem...there's always a rainbow after the rain...God is good He will give you happiness in His right time.don't lose hope...bless you...

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)


 

on February 11, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Karen.  Yes, I have.  But instead, check out Romans 12 and be a living sacrifice.

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)


 

on February 11, 2014 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

 

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)


Hi Karen,

 

this is my take on your post...You don’t get to choose how you are going to die, or when.  You can only decide how you are going to live, right now.

Take this qoute ..."It's not about how hard life can hit you; it’s about how hard you can be hit while continuing to move forward".

on February 12, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

I died many times for Him and he made me live. He restore me more than ever. I guess His ideals of living sacrifice was about surrender everthing. 

 

Larry said:

 

Martyrdom is a real calling of God for some people. If you are called to die for Him, He will prepare you for when and where. But keep in mind that in the meantime we are to live for Him too, and I personally think that is the harder road.

 

so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. Philip 1:20-25 NKJV

 


 

on February 12, 2014 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Hi Karen,

Literally, No I did not ask God if I can die now. But when it is my time to leave at this world, to be in His arms, I am ready!

For now, I live my life the way God want it to be, submitting my life to him, take control of my life.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

God bless!

Karen said:

Have you ever ask God if you can die now? (literally)

on February 12, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Post reply

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:


Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close