Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Dating stories and Experiences

Update | Cancel

Posted on March 18,2013

Got a good dating stories? What is your experience with Online Dating? or maybe share  a horror story?

Yes, i have a horror dating stories. before, i join this site, other dating site, i experienced unhappy, disgusting dating experienced  is consider horror for me like dating a bad person wants you nude in a cam, scammer person asking money from me, yes,  i experienced this before but praise God, the lord give me wisdom to forsake this bad people in site..

Before I met my wife I joined one other Filipino dating site (I won't say which one, but it still exists).  I was in the Cebu area, and I arranged to meet some of the people from that other site.  One time I met a Filipina downtown for a snack.  It was just a casual meeting in person after chatting online once or twice.  After some buko shake, we stopped by an internet cafe together.  When she sat down at her computer, she quickly opened up an entire screen of Yahoo Messenger windows and was immediately chatting with a large handful of men through her computer on apparently intimate terms with all of them.  Apparently this was part of her normal daily routine, and she didn't realize it might be strange for someone to see her doing this.  Then when I saw the words many of the men were typing, it was at least as disturbing.  I am still not sure which was the most disturbing part of the experience.

So I wondered whether there was any alternative way for men and women to meet in a way so they could maintain more dignity.

I also felt that the sites I found at that time were a very one-dimensional universe.  There were no resources to help understand the process of getting to know someone from another culture, there was no customer support, there was no community of friends that were part of the sites, or advice from members who had met there and could share their wisdom.

I ended up meeting my lovely wife at an eatery one day, not online: she was there selling some typical Visayan streetside items.  After enduring a steady stream of "maybe"s during my daily trips to the eatery, finally I was able to get one "yes" from her.  And now we are happily married with a lovely family.

Christian Filipina is the community and service we offer to men and women who seek to build a bridge with others nearby and far away with an interest or presence in the Philippines.  We hope it improves upon the sites that existed 10 years ago by having a community of staff, sincere members, and (as time goes on) also the contributions of past members who have met at CF, as well as some other "friends of the community" who may already be happily married even before joining but participate here and build friendships.  We feel we are all making good progress on helping Christian Filipina to become this community.  

Over the past four years, we have seen so many times when really wonderful people have joined our site, people who longed to have a companion at their side who would respect and appreciate them, and deserved to have someone who would love them back and form a true collaborative family.  So many times we have reviewed new profiles of people like yourselves and thought, "These are the kinds of people we built the site for.  Although there is some sadness we can see in their profile because they have not yet met that someone, they are so sincere, caring, and the person who ends up with them will be lucky indeed."  And then 3 or 6 or 12 or 18 months later we receive their letters of appreciation, notices of their wedding, pictures, and testimonials.  It really does work.  Just build a community of sincere friends, and then the men and women who have been waiting for so long to meet that special someone, will be able to.  Glad that you are all part of this with us.

I am overwhelmed by your post Peter, as I like everything you've written...your experince and most of all the way God led you to your wife...CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. God loves you, am sure GOD  saw the desire of your heart, the reason why He led you to a nice woman. Yes, I believe, patience and perseverance are needed and not our impulse should reign in any aspiration that we have in our life!

I must admit honestly, that I belong to the old school because of my age, and the truth is, I just learned to use this machine, less than 1 year, after a close friend of mine ecouraged and taught me how to use this and signed me in two Dating sites before. As a greenhorn on all of this, including the happenings in the net, I let my friend do things for me,(very funny) even send pics to friends but all the experiences I have had, pleasant and unpleasant are worth the try!

Though, I haven't met anybody, to date, personally, yet I have countless of unpleasant experiences.As my motive to be in the dating site is clean and honest...to find/meet that special person...I never thought that there are many who are eager and would do everything to ruin that dream, often times using the name of God, just to achieve their evil desire. Mostly, involving money loans and some showing obsence photos, acts and words. Though I understand that to most foreigners these are no big deal, yet my values and upbringing won't let me. Planned to meet someone from Australia this March, but I was turned off after he shared with me some of his escapade here in the philippines last year. For everything, I always thank God for His protection on me. However, as the days go on ,me, being here in CF I am at home here, with the thought and belief that God brought me to Cf, for reasons that He alone knew. If it's not His will to answer my wish, as I believe He has His own plans for me... may it's in joining this forum and through my sharing that I can do something for His glory!

One must really be careful with some dting site because not all dating site are harmless,maybe the dating site is harmless but the people are not, I experience being a dating site looking for a serious guy but a lot of guy in that site are just taking advantage of us ladies they only rely on the physical thing that we can offer them

I could  tell you several horror stories about my experience of on-line introductions but I think it is better to focus on the positive. I will however tell you one of my experiences. The worst of them.

When I first began looking for a new partner after I thought I had gotten over my very painful separation, I say thought because this incident taught me that at that time I in fact was not over it, I contacted a person on another well know site used by many Filipinas. This person told me of her life how she had lost her parents when she was a child and had grown up under the care of her grandmother. She soon began asking for money small amounts at first and in my naiveté I gave it to her. She told me that her grandmother had recently passed and that she was all alone in the world. I now of course realise this was all fabrication to gain my sympathy to hasten me falling for her. I n our discussions I revealed to her that in my deepest despair after my wife had left me I had attempted suicide. Well soon after this information had been received she began telling me that her personal situation had become much worse and then she began to threaten suicide. This was clearly designed to play on my emotions to encourage me to hand over larger and larger sums of money. When I refused she did not contact me for several days. Then she did contact me but pretended to be her land lady and told me that she had attempted suicide and was in hospital and had large medical bills to pay.

As you can imagine this whole event was extremely distressing for me. It brought back all of the darkness and pain of that sad time in my life. It was only through faith that I found my way through it. The experience was of course a lesson that I was not over the events of the past and that I needed to seek help to recover from it. Now years later I can see that this experience was a blessing it taught me so much and lead to me being freed from that sadness and to me being able to truly let go of my past relationship and forgive my ex-wife for the pain she had unintentionally inflicted on me.

It is very sad to know that men/women use dating sites to fool around, I think we should be more careful in choosing the right one and need a lot of prayer. So it's good if we share some experiences here to let others be more aware of those kind of people. For my experience I found a wonderful and a good man here :) We are on the process of making our relatioship grow in God's grace. In God's time and grace we can share our testimony to encourage others. To those who send me messages thank for your time but I already found a good partner. God bless everyone!

for my family sake, I decided to unpost this story anymore. 

I feel for you and I think it is important that you remind us all that these evil predators prey on women just as often as men. I was fortunate enough to not have money to give when I had my experience otherwise it may have cost me a lot more than it did.

My heart goes on you Helen, thanks for sharing your experience so that people here in website will be aware of different scam. It is true we need a lot of prayer to find the one God has for each and every of us, and may God will protect us to those scammers and players on dating site. God is more powerul than anything so we keep trusting Him and pray a lot :)

God bless!

Sorry to hear that story, Helen.  These types of male scammers are running rampant on the internet.  We had never heard of such things until we started this site.  But we learned quickly.  We now we receive on average one fake upgrade attempt (always using a stolen credit card) per day.  It takes a lot of time to investigate every single upgrade, but we do so because it's important to us to protect our members against that type of scam.  We refund the credit card payments and suspend the profiles of these scammers. Our biggest expense in fact is now our staff budget, to monitor and assist our members.  

Oh, sorry to hear all of that bad experiences. I just want to share our experience. Before my husband met me. He was very disappointed of his previous filipina gf who always asking him for money. He wanted to revenge to other filipina and so he sent messages to many ladies and one was sent to me. At that time i heard a lot of bad things about foreigners and what they have done to filipina. After reading his message, i replied saying, " I'm sorry sir, but i hate foreigners". He got a lot of replies and almost are just the same except mine. He was wondering why my reply was like that. And so i explained him those bad things happened around cause by the foreigners. He said he understand but then he said, he hated Filipina too. It also caught my attention and asked him why. He also explained his side and told me that not all the foreigners are bad. I also told him that not all filipina are bad. From then on, we became good friends then became sweetheart and now we are married. ;-)

Ann said:

Oh, sorry to hear all of that bad experiences. I just want to share our experience. Before my husband met me. He was very disappointed of his previous filipina gf who always asking him for money. He wanted to revenge to other filipina and so he sent messages to many ladies and one was sent to me. At that time i heard a lot of bad things about foreigners and what they have done to filipina. After reading his message, i replied saying, " I'm sorry sir, but i hate foreigners". He got a lot of replies and almost are just the same except mine. He was wondering why my reply was like that. And so i explained him those bad things happened around cause by the foreigners. He said he understand but then he said, he hated Filipina too. It also caught my attention and asked him why. He also explained his side and told me that not all the foreigners are bad. I also told him that not all filipina are bad. From then on, we became good friends then became sweetheart and now we are married. ;-)

To Ann:

Hi Ann your love story is unique. So you are now married to a foreigner. Do you live still in the Philippines and still teach? is your husband here in Philippines too? hmmm I just want to know maybe  it I could also convince my honey to stay here too.

To Ann:

Hi Ann your love story is unique. So you are now married to a foreigner. Do you live still in the Philippines and still teach? is your husband here in Philippines too? hmmm I just want to know maybe  it I could also convince my honey to stay here too.

Yes Arleen, we are living here in Bohol. I am also teaching here. It was my husband's idea to settle here in the Philippines. He actually has his permanent visa here. I hope and pray that your honey will be convinced to stay here too. God bless ;-)

Ann said:

To Ann:

Yes Arleen, we are living here in Bohol. I am also teaching here. It was my husband's idea to settle here in the Philippines. He actually has his permanent visa here. I hope and pray that your honey will be convinced to stay here too. God bless ;-)

Hi ann:

Is your husband retired man? so that's why he decided to stay? do you have kids already hehe sorry to ask.But my honey is not yet retired so his work there may matter as well as mine.

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close