Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

What's with all the single moms?!

Update | Cancel

Posted on January 15,2014

No no not corny... hehehe

Ellen said:

hahaha ....corny....corny ang corny ..corny ko! :)

Gypsy said:
Ellen said:

Hi Everyone,

All been said here are our own comments and opinions and I believed that all had been taken ...can we take a break???

The question here : What's with all the single moms?

Answer : A baby, a child, children, without a father, or a father whose gone astray,  that's why they are called single Moms.

kalokah!!! Seriously, this is a joke! 

Sorry! :)

Seriously again, they fall in love to the wrong man.

Hi Ate Ellen, hehe... icebreaker. ;-)

on January 17, 2014 0 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Gypsy said:

Ellen said:

Gypsy said:
Ellen said:

Hi Everyone,

All been said here are our own comments and opinions and I believed that all had been taken ...can we take a break???

Answer : A baby, a child, children, without a father, or a father whose gone astray,  that's why they are called single Moms.

Gypsy here's your icebreakers story.

One day there's a girl who loved to play doll.

She named her doll Jane. The doll was so cute that wherever she takes it, everybody  turned and looked. The girl became possessive of the doll that she pretend to take care of the doll like a real baby. One day she went to the clinic nearby, ask the doctor whether she could check the doll for she is sick! The doctor asked the girl whether she can afford to pay the medicine if he treats the doll. The girl said I only have a dollar, the doctor sai What? That's not enough! can you add another dollar to make it two? The girl said I have no more money because I am single mother... Haha!

Yep.. I did. Gypsy pic which is rejected is sobrang ganda!

Gypsy said:

Tess said:

Gypsy said:

I guess to know what are the top reason in a "single mother" case is to have it surveyed, make a survey form and have it answered to ONLY all single moms, but even if we know the outcome surely the case of 1 is different from the case of the other. We can't just put the blame all on a parent. No one is perfect. Even if the parent did their best to teach their teens the right value some may still commit pre-marital sex could be due to hormones, peers and so on...What about those rape victims which resulted to unwanted child? There could be so many reasons, could be the whole society, could be the whole system, the church, the government, poverty, lack of education, and so on.

What's done is done. Maybe we need to focus on how to save the teens of today. But how? What can we do with poverty? If the government deals with this by advocacing contraceptives and such surely some church will contradict this because of "pre-marital sex". To solve it by havin a "sex education" in school (public and private) as well as to balance it with religion with topic about pre-marital sex, chastity, abstinence can be a big help i guess.

Hi Gyps, I like your closer image, what a cute face...I wish I have that beauty..lol.

Thank you Tess! I just read this... hehe.. it's just all in the angle, lolz. There is 1 pic I wanna post (Jaane saw it already), but got rejected twice, maybe I can't post studio-like pic.  You too are beautiful in your own. :)

Jane check the doll story I wrote as an ice breaker for Gypsy and Ms Ellen, before your post! You are the character there! Lol.

Jane said:

Gypsy said:

Tess said:

Gypsy said:

I guess to know what are the top reason in a "single mother" case is to have it surveyed, make a survey form and have it answered to ONLY all single moms, but even if we know the outcome surely the case of 1 is different from the case of the other. We can't just put the blame all on a parent. No one is perfect. Even if the parent did their best to teach their teens the right value some may still commit pre-marital sex could be due to hormones, peers and so on...What about those rape victims which resulted to unwanted child? There could be so many reasons, could be the whole society, could be the whole system, the church, the government, poverty, lack of education, and so on.

What's done is done. Maybe we need to focus on how to save the teens of today. But how? What can we do with poverty? If the government deals with this by advocacing contraceptives and such surely some church will contradict this because of "pre-marital sex". To solve it by havin a "sex education" in school (public and private) as well as to balance it with religion with topic about pre-marital sex, chastity, abstinence can be a big help i guess.

Hi Gyps, I like your closer image, what a cute face...I wish I have that beauty..lol.

Thank you Tess! I just read this... hehe.. it's just all in the angle, lolz. There is 1 pic I wanna post (Jaane saw it already), but got rejected twice, maybe I can't post studio-like pic.  You too are beautiful in your own. :)

Ellen said:

Sorry jokingly replied the title.....

and I did not finish yet, I have a serious answer on that.....

Seriously....I fall in love, a right love  to a wrong man....my personal experienced.

Kevin said:
Ellen said:

Hi Everyone,

Hi Ellen,

as i read the comment by Tommy (the OP) he is asking "why or how come" and it seems to me most comments have been on point and different views are emerging.

Hi Ellen,

and I probably responded to fast, just read a comment from someone else on a different thread to the effect its all been covered and so we should leave it alone, so probably recated too fast.

But I saw your post on Same Sex Marriages. Woohoo right on, I replied.

Ellen said:

Hi Ellen, Precisely!  So the question is:  how to prevent falling in love with the wrong man?  There is an easy way.  Take care and God Bless!

Gypsy said:

But Mr. Peter, we don't live in Sweden, we live in the Philippines in Southeast Asia, and most single mom here in CF lives in the Philippines. So if Sweden is a rich country, then poverty is not a problem, how about the Philippines which is not a rich country? Yes, poverty may not be the main reason, but for sure it is one of the reason here in the Philippines. The poor people I'm pertaining, will probably buy food instead of contraceptives, or rather buy food instead of getting married and if the two people involved decides to separate and since they are not married, hello to single mom/dad. If we deal with culture, beliefs, attitude, I might well can say that the reason for Luzon, maybe different from Visaya and to Mindanao if we'll just dig deeper, how much more for the Philippines, to Sweden and to other country. The reasons we need to evaluate or pertain should be based or come from Asia or better yet from the Philippines, since the single mom in CF they are pertaining mostly live in the Philippines. Okie... God bless!

Peter said:

Hi Gypsy, ok thanks for this viewpoint, but Sweden is a rich country and does not have ANY of the problems you mention and they have the HIGHEST un-wed live births.  So it appears to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that poverty is not the main cause of this problem.  It must be something else.  But what?  Take care and God Bless!

Gypsy said:

Picture this, a very poor family living in a 'cariton' in the street or a poor family living under the bridge near estuary or river. The parents may impart their children values but due to poverty and lack of education ...cut...

Hi Gypsy, the point being that no one should expect that later when Phils is a rich country like Sweden, that this problem will go away. This problem will not go away just by adding money.  If anything, it will unfortunately get worse is my prediction.  Take care and God Bless!

Hi Peter,

I am not with the Lord  (although I'm an active Church Choir), when I fall in love to the father of my son.  Lesson learned, to ask God everything, personal relationship with Him, seek Him, patiently wait, persevere and obediently do His Will.

God bless 

Peter said:

Ellen said:

Hi Ellen, Precisely!  So the question is:  how to prevent falling in love with the wrong man?  There is an easy way.  Take care and God Bless!

Lol Jane! Thank you! :)

Jane said:

Gypsy said:

Tess said:

Gypsy said:

Tess said:

Gypsy said:

Ellen said:

Gypsy said:
Ellen said:

Hi Everyone,

She named her doll Jane. The doll was so cute that wherever she takes it, everybody  turned and looked. The girl became possessive of the doll that she pretend to take care of the doll like a real baby. One day she went to the clinic nearby, ask the doctor whether she could check the doll for she is sick! The doctor asked the girl whether she can afford to pay the medicine if he treats the doll. The girl said I only have a dollar, the doctor sai What? That's not enough! can you add another dollar to make it two? The girl said I have no more money because I am single mother... Haha!

Hahahaha Tess! Can I use that as an excuse to the vet when I bring my dog? Lol! Gotta puff again! I mean gtg. Ingats Tess!

Hi Kevin, ok this time I did not cut anything you wrote, and I try to write this with God's Love.  One thing that apparently I was not clear enough about is:  it is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is NOT sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am NOT talking about sex education, and for some reason, Mr. Kevin Sir, you frequently are.

We must always look to the authority of the Bible to see if our ideas and statement are correct.  Kevin, you wrote (and I didn't cut anything):

Education is deeper than:  "now kiddies this is a picture of some grown people. This is a man and this is a penis and this is a woman and this  is a vagina and this is a baby. This is a picture of the man and the woman later, they are both sick. Now, this is a condom.  If you put that in that without that on that you may get that or that. Do you want that or that?".

Education at home is deeper than just a few strategies. I remember when the son of my ex was about 14, tall and something of an adonis and seriously intelligent too. By the way he was a committed atheist, his parents were christians and so was his sister. He was not opposed to Christianity, but did not believe it one jot. If God or religion had been introduced to the conversation he would have laughed.

I spoke to him about various "thats". I equipped him with some of that. I said if you put that in that make sure you have that on that because you still must go to  university and it may be that you will change your mind about that word love and you really dont want that or that and especially that.

I also told him, love is possible with many, it may or may not lead to marriage, so choose wisely: start with the pretty ones, weed out the intellectually challenged, weed out the financially troubled, weed out the behaviourally stupid, and if you really must put that in that with or without that then that is your problem but if you use that that gives you a choice about that and that and saves you from that. That was my advice about that. Get to know the girl first and in any event take precautions. (regarding the selection process I advised, why not he was from an educated professional family with assets and there are many others of the other gender with the same situation).

In my view pregnancy is caused by lack of contraception, and if it is not cheaply and easily available then the management is at fault.

People are weak and even with the best of intentions and clear strategies things can go wrong. Naivite and the desire for love.

That is the way of it, in my view,  in the year of Our Lord 2014.

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=4#sthash.E2eveCbM.dpuf
"A Story about that:

Education is deeper than:  "now kiddies this is a picture of some grown people. This is a man and this is a penis and this is a woman and this  is a vagina and this is a baby. This is a picture of the man and the woman later, they are both sick. Now, this is a condom.  If you put that in that without that on that you may get that or that. Do you want that or that?".

Education at home is deeper than just a few strategies. I remember when the son of my ex was about 14, tall and something of an adonis and seriously intelligent too. By the way he was a committed atheist, his parents were christians and so was his sister. He was not opposed to Christianity, but did not believe it one jot. If God or religion had been introduced to the conversation he would have laughed.

I spoke to him about various "thats". I equipped him with some of that. I said if you put that in that make sure you have that on that because you still must go to  university and it may be that you will change your mind about that word love and you really dont want that or that and especially that.

I also told him, love is possible with many, it may or may not lead to marriage, so choose wisely: start with the pretty ones, weed out the intellectually challenged, weed out the financially troubled, weed out the behaviourally stupid, and if you really must put that in that with or without that then that is your problem but if you use that that gives you a choice about that and that and saves you from that. That was my advice about that. Get to know the girl first and in any event take precautions. (regarding the selection process I advised, why not he was from an educated professional family with assets and there are many others of the other gender with the same situation).

In my view pregnancy is caused by lack of contraception, and if it is not cheaply and easily available then the management is at fault.

People are weak and even with the best of intentions and clear strategies things can go wrong. Naivite and the desire for love.

That is the way of it, in my view,  in the year of Our Lord 2014."

Mr. Kevin Sir, you have been deceived.  I say this with God's Love, and it's not your fault.  We know the whole world will be deceived by the master deceiver.  We must always look to the authority of the Bible to see if our ideas and statement are correct, and in God's Way.  I know you really want the best for the son of your ex, but pls show me where in the Bible does it recommend to "start with the pretty ones, weed out" the less desireables.  Yes, we teach our children to do this (go out with several/many girls/guys to find the one), but this teaching is a false teaching from Satan, and either they start to like it, or they turn into cold blooded hunters. Then we are surprised when they can't stick with one after marriage.  WE have done this to them! We are so foolish!

If I had a son, I would never give him this advice. It is not a stable system, and it is not God's Word.  And since I have a daughter, I don't think she or I would appreciate any "weeding out".  Perhaps you have neglected all the emotional carnage and tears flowing along the way.  Perhaps you have created the man that all the woman are complaining about, leaving untold human wreckage in his wake.  There is a steep price to pay for this strategy.  And please show me where in the Bible does God think it a good idea for sex education and cheap condoms. Very sorry, I must call it as I see it, I don't know how to say this gently, but I feel you have lost the way of the Light.

Please re-think your advice using God's Words for guidance.  There IS a way, you just haven't found it yet.  Seek it with your heart, and you will find it!  If I am wrong, please correct me.  Sincerely with God's Love, take care and God Bless!

on January 17, 2014 1 likes

Tess, I literally burst into laughter when I read my name in your icebreaker story lol..

The old woman whom im treating with arthritis wants me to read about the thread. Then she ask me, how long do u know the father of your kids? I replied, since we were young.. like when we are in first grade..she was surprised.  Then, she asked me you know him well, why you didnt decide to marry him? Well, it was our choice :) .. 

Jane said:

Tess, I literally burst into laughter when I read my name in your icebreaker story lol..

The old woman whom im treating with arthritis wants me to read about the thread. Then she ask me, how long do u know the father of your kids? I replied, since we were young.. like when we are in first grade..she was surprised.  Then, she asked me you know him well, why you didnt decide to marry him? Well, it was our choice :) .. 

Jane, you should have ask the old lady why she asked, is she interested? hahaha.

Gypsy said:

Tess said:

Gypsy said:

Ellen said:

Gypsy said:
Ellen said:

Hi Everyone,

Hahahaha Tess! Can I use that as an excuse to the vet when I bring my dog? Lol! Gotta puff again! I mean gtg. Ingats Tess!

Lol! go ahead, I just wrote it for you to laughed everytime you get to participate in "single mom's" forum. See you later....

Jane said:

Hi Jane, understood your point.  Perhaps I was not clear enought, so I had already written, and pls see above:

"It is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is not sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am not talking about sex education."

Thanks for listening!  Take care and God Bless!  (A single father writing haha).

it is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is NOT sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am NOT talking about sex education, and for some reason, Mr. Kevin Sir, you frequently are.

We must always look to the authority of the Bible to see if our ideas and statement are correct.  Kevin, you wrote (and I didn't cut anything):

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=5#sthash.wORlWWWX.dpuf
it is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is NOT sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am NOT talking about sex education, and for some reason, Mr. Kevin Sir, you frequently are. - See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=5#sthash.wORlWWWX.dpuf
it is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is NOT sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am NOT talking about sex education, and for some reason, Mr. Kevin Sir, you frequently are. - See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=5#sthash.vdflzuxz.dpuf
it is NOT sufficient to get to know someone.  A girl could have known the trike driver for many years.  Knowing him for many years doesn't change the fact that this guy is trouble.  So it is not sufficient knowing the person well.  It is knowing what qualities to look for in a mate.  This means REJECTING the joker, the flirt, the guy that doesn't call, the Romeo, the bad-boy alpha male with tatoos.  This is not easy to do for a young girl without guidance, because these are the qualities that young girls find attractive.  This is the fatal flaw in our system of selecting a mate.  Without guidance, the girls will ALWAYS pick the wrong guys.  And this is NOT sex education.  My daughter knows what qualities to look for in a man, and I never talked to her about sex. I am NOT talking about sex education, and for some reason, Mr. Kevin Sir, you frequently are. - See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=5#sthash.vdflzuxz.dpuf

on January 17, 2014 1 likes

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close