Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

What's with all the single moms?!

Update | Cancel

Posted on January 15,2014

Why should I flagged it down, I admit, I used the wrong word and I am sorry for that.

I am sorry for using the wrong word... maybe I should call it HARD HEADEDNESS, if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?...it's ok if she become a widow from 1st to second and marry again on the third and became widow again.

Stupidity means to me is "KATIGASAN NG ULO" o " KAHANGALAN" not "katangahan" as you understand it.

If she is single and with child from different fathers and said that is a mistake, I think it's not a mistake anymore if it is happen again and again...it's my point of view if it is affects you and everyone else I am sorry,  we are  entitled to it's own opinion......and you are also entitled to your own opinion.... this is an open forum you can speak whenever or whatever you like only the Admin can flagged a post.

Yes,  it is all in the grace of God but we need to correct ourselves from the first mistake and if we follow with Obedience in God the mistakes will not repeat again, the Spirit of the Lord will be with us .... I am not judging anyone....only God can judge it's my opinion. There's no late in asking the Lord's forgiveness. He is always just and fair. He is good all the time.

May the Peace the Lord be with you. Amen.

Lovely said:

There you go again, I heard again the word "stupidity" from the same person...and again and again I'll post my answer to the same thread with this kind of topic "being a single mom can be a turn off to a Christian guy" 

am sorry ms. Ellen, as it says, open rebuke is better than secret love, I need to stand up and speak forth in behalf of single moms with two kids or more , more so with different fathers, even if it means you may Flagg this post of mine. Sorry, I really can't help it, I am not a single mom, but am handling single moms in our victory group (small group, cell group, or any way you call it in the Phils., but I know you are familiar with this kind of group whose studying the Word of a God, or in some churches they call it BS- Bible study group). I know their hurts, their remorse, their everyday struggle and to label them "stupid" is more than enough. We never know, you never know their hardships and dilemmas facing the society, the crowd, so are we all the same Jews condemning those women with their past hurtful experience in their lives? As many Christians play the so called "we are holier than thou" it is where we fail to present to many hurting people the Gospel of Grace. "Stupidity" in our own language is "katangahan" is this what we call the word of healing? Of comfort? Of gentle correction to erring one? Dunno bout you, but the more I experience the gentle correction of God, the more I am am amazed by His grace and the more I desire to extend that kind of grace. So please bear with me, please read bit after bit my last post coz maybe you never notice that before. Here it is: 

Stupidity!! What a word! Did I hear it right, from a woman so called "walking bible" here in the forum? Sorry ms. Ellen, as I am one of your constant followers (more on reading, but not commenting) here in this forum, I never expect you can say that word, more so to judge women with different children on a different husband. Was this the same word used by Jesus in confronting a woman in the well, with different husband, had five husbands infact? 

Yes, granting the fact, that there are Filipino women with different, two, three, or five children in different men, and maybe we can put them in such a word "stupid" or "stupidity" in any sense, but still, it doesn't give us the leeway to degrade/judge any woman with such situation in her life. We never know what she had been through that resulted such ordeal. We never know how she ached, or still remorsing with her unwise decisions in life, and to add insult is like pouring salt to a wounded heart. 

As far as I read my Bible, it's always grace and grace and grace that speaks, touches and heals broken heart and gives a fresh new start. The same "graceful" heart of Jesus confronting woman who had five husbands, could also be the same, Jesus who can correct woman's mistake and give new life by not branding anyone as "stupid" but by encouraging to drink from the River of Life. And we can be His mouth piece of that same grace.......

To all those women who have already their son/s, daughter/s out of wed lock, may His grace abounds. Know that you are not damaged good. Your worth is simply hidden in Christ who loves you most. Know your worth, know your purpose in Him who can do things immeasurably, more than from what we hoped or imagined...

Peace and grace abound! 

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=43618&page=3#sthash.QSDNNPv6.dpuf

 

Ellen said:

This is as if ......... Once is enough, twice is too much, thrice is STUPIDITY.  She doesn't learn.

 

Wim said:

A single mom with 1 child i can understand, but sometimes some have 2 or 3 kids as single mom. 

Those with 1 daughter will find a new husband, but with 2 or more no. 

 

I am sorry for using the wrong word....if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?...it's ok if she become widow from 1st to second and marry again on the third and became widow again.

If she is single and with child from different fathers I think it's not a mistake anymore...it's my point of view if it is affects you I am sorry we are  entitled to it's own opinion......and you are also entitled to your own opinion....

Yes it is all in the grace of God but we need to correct ourselves from the first mistake and if we follow in Obedience in God the mistakes will not repeat again, the Spirit of the Lord will be with us .... I am not judging anyone....only God can judge,  it's my opinion. The Lord is fair and just...no one is to late to ask forgiveness...God is good all the time.

Peace!

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=16#sthash.SsarJcUH.dpuf

Lovely said:

There you go again, I heard again the word "stupidity" from the same person...and again and again I'll post my answer to the same thread with this kind of topic "being a single mom can be a turn off to a Christian guy" 

am sorry ms. Ellen, as it says, open rebuke is better than secret love, I need to stand up and speak forth in behalf of single moms with two kids or more , more so with different fathers, even if it means you may Flagg this post of mine. Sorry, I really can't help it, I am not a single mom, but am handling single moms in our victory group (small group, cell group, or any way you call it in the Phils., but I know you are familiar with this kind of group whose studying the Word of a God, or in some churches they call it BS- Bible study group). I know their hurts, their remorse, their everyday struggle and to label them "stupid" is more than enough. We never know, you never know their hardships and dilemmas facing the society, the crowd, so are we all the same Jews condemning those women with their past hurtful experience in their lives? As many Christians play the so called "we are holier than thou" it is where we fail to present to many hurting people the Gospel of Grace. "Stupidity" in our own language is "katangahan" is this what we call the word of healing? Of comfort? Of gentle correction to erring one? Dunno bout you, but the more I experience the gentle correction of God, the more I am am amazed by His grace and the more I desire to extend that kind of grace. So please bear with me, please read bit after bit my last post coz maybe you never notice that before. Here it is: 

Stupidity!! What a word! Did I hear it right, from a woman so called "walking bible" here in the forum? Sorry ms. Ellen, as I am one of your constant followers (more on reading, but not commenting) here in this forum, I never expect you can say that word, more so to judge women with different children on a different husband. Was this the same word used by Jesus in confronting a woman in the well, with different husband, had five husbands infact? 

Yes, granting the fact, that there are Filipino women with different, two, three, or five children in different men, and maybe we can put them in such a word "stupid" or "stupidity" in any sense, but still, it doesn't give us the leeway to degrade/judge any woman with such situation in her life. We never know what she had been through that resulted such ordeal. We never know how she ached, or still remorsing with her unwise decisions in life, and to add insult is like pouring salt to a wounded heart. 

As far as I read my Bible, it's always grace and grace and grace that speaks, touches and heals broken heart and gives a fresh new start. The same "graceful" heart of Jesus confronting woman who had five husbands, could also be the same, Jesus who can correct woman's mistake and give new life by not branding anyone as "stupid" but by encouraging to drink from the River of Life. And we can be His mouth piece of that same grace.......

To all those women who have already their son/s, daughter/s out of wed lock, may His grace abounds. Know that you are not damaged good. Your worth is simply hidden in Christ who loves you most. Know your worth, know your purpose in Him who can do things immeasurably, more than from what we hoped or imagined...

Peace and grace abound! 

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=43618&page=3#sthash.QSDNNPv6.dpuf

 

Ellen said:

This is as if ......... Once is enough, twice is too much, thrice is STUPIDITY.  She doesn't learn.

 

Wim said:

A single mom with 1 child i can understand, but sometimes some have 2 or 3 kids as single mom. 

Those with 1 daughter will find a new husband, but with 2 or more no. 


 


 


 

I google the word and here it goes:

EnglishTagalogPart of Speech
stupidtangaadjective
 bobaadjective
 ugokadjective
 estupidoadjective
 bopoladjective
 nakababagodadjective
As far as I understood, since, I am a pure tagalog never been the word stupidity means "kahangalan" and if you're going to dig it deeper, kahangalan is still the same as katangahan" as in fool.... Isn't the Bible admonish us  not to use any filthy language or vain language but instead use our words as source of wisdom and blessings?
yah, as maybe u used the wrong word, and as we all here entitled to our opinion, but as far as I can see, Chrisitans as we claim ourselves, and as we claim we know our Bible very well, we are not just to express our own opinion but GOD's OPINION. Do you think on God's view,  He would say "You women, of foolishness, how many times am going to tell you, learn from your own mistakes!" Dunno but you, but the God I know is a GRACIOUS GOD....extending His mercy over and over until erring ones learns the way and walk upon it. A gracious God that does not LABEL PEOPLE because of their mistakes. As I've told, you never know, we never know what they've been through. yah, maybe we are not judging them, but we are labeling them as I got from your text "if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?".
simple analogy, as a teacher, what if one of your students keeps on repeating the same mistakes over and over again and still doesn't get the lesson you're teaching, as a teacher do you have your own opinion to label him as a "stupid child"? Or a "hard headed" one to your term? Isn't a gracious teacher would continue to encourage the child, continue teaching him until such time he learns? Oh! How easy for us to utter such pronouncement to an individual without knowing there's power in our tongue! I've   seen His grace, and I've experienced it, that always compel me to BLESS people rather than pronounce vain language to them.
nonetheless, I seek peace and blessings to all. May we continually not just learn the Word of God with our head knowledge but to personally experience it, in any ways, in any seasons to be blessed and be a blessing as well..
Blessings and peace abound! 
Ellen said:

I am sorry for using the wrong word....if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?...it's ok if she become widow from 1st to second and marry again on the third and became widow again.

If she is single and with child from different fathers I think it's not a mistake anymore...it's my point of view if it is affects you I am sorry we are  entitled to it's own opinion......and you are also entitled to your own opinion....

Yes it is all in the grace of God but we need to correct ourselves from the first mistake and if we follow in Obedience in God the mistakes will not repeat again, the Spirit of the Lord will be with us .... I am not judging anyone....only God can judge,  it's my opinion. The Lord is fair and just...no one is to late to ask forgiveness...God is good all the time.

Peace!

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=16#sthash.SsarJcUH.dpuf

Lovely said:

There you go again, I heard again the word "stupidity" from the same person...and again and again I'll post my answer to the same thread with this kind of topic "being a single mom can be a turn off to a Christian guy" 

am sorry ms. Ellen, as it says, open rebuke is better than secret love, I need to stand up and speak forth in behalf of single moms with two kids or more , more so with different fathers, even if it means you may Flagg this post of mine. Sorry, I really can't help it, I am not a single mom, but am handling single moms in our victory group (small group, cell group, or any way you call it in the Phils., but I know you are familiar with this kind of group whose studying the Word of a God, or in some churches they call it BS- Bible study group). I know their hurts, their remorse, their everyday struggle and to label them "stupid" is more than enough. We never know, you never know their hardships and dilemmas facing the society, the crowd, so are we all the same Jews condemning those women with their past hurtful experience in their lives? As many Christians play the so called "we are holier than thou" it is where we fail to present to many hurting people the Gospel of Grace. "Stupidity" in our own language is "katangahan" is this what we call the word of healing? Of comfort? Of gentle correction to erring one? Dunno bout you, but the more I experience the gentle correction of God, the more I am am amazed by His grace and the more I desire to extend that kind of grace. So please bear with me, please read bit after bit my last post coz maybe you never notice that before. Here it is: 

Stupidity!! What a word! Did I hear it right, from a woman so called "walking bible" here in the forum? Sorry ms. Ellen, as I am one of your constant followers (more on reading, but not commenting) here in this forum, I never expect you can say that word, more so to judge women with different children on a different husband. Was this the same word used by Jesus in confronting a woman in the well, with different husband, had five husbands infact? 

Yes, granting the fact, that there are Filipino women with different, two, three, or five children in different men, and maybe we can put them in such a word "stupid" or "stupidity" in any sense, but still, it doesn't give us the leeway to degrade/judge any woman with such situation in her life. We never know what she had been through that resulted such ordeal. We never know how she ached, or still remorsing with her unwise decisions in life, and to add insult is like pouring salt to a wounded heart. 

As far as I read my Bible, it's always grace and grace and grace that speaks, touches and heals broken heart and gives a fresh new start. The same "graceful" heart of Jesus confronting woman who had five husbands, could also be the same, Jesus who can correct woman's mistake and give new life by not branding anyone as "stupid" but by encouraging to drink from the River of Life. And we can be His mouth piece of that same grace.......

To all those women who have already their son/s, daughter/s out of wed lock, may His grace abounds. Know that you are not damaged good. Your worth is simply hidden in Christ who loves you most. Know your worth, know your purpose in Him who can do things immeasurably, more than from what we hoped or imagined...

Peace and grace abound! 

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=43618&page=3#sthash.QSDNNPv6.dpuf

 

Ellen said:

This is as if ......... Once is enough, twice is too much, thrice is STUPIDITY.  She doesn't learn.

 

Wim said:

A single mom with 1 child i can understand, but sometimes some have 2 or 3 kids as single mom. 

Those with 1 daughter will find a new husband, but with 2 or more no. 


 


 


 


 

I know you can google everything but when I posted that word in my mind that is not the meaning.

I can say nothng with you... that's your opinion .....I can't plug in your mind what's in my mind......

God bless you!

Lovely said:

I google the word and here it goes:

EnglishTagalogPart of Speech
stupidtangaadjective
 bobaadjective
 ugokadjective
 estupidoadjective
 bopoladjective
 nakababagodadjective
As far as I understood, since, I am a pure tagalog never been the word stupidity means "kahangalan" and if you're going to dig it deeper, kahangalan is still the same as katangahan" as in fool.... Isn't the Bible admonish us  not to use any filthy language or vain language but instead use our words as source of wisdom and blessings?
yah, as maybe u used the wrong word, and as we all here entitled to our opinion, but as far as I can see, Chrisitans as we claim ourselves, and as we claim we know our Bible very well, we are not just to express our own opinion but GOD's OPINION. Do you think on God's view,  He would say "You women, of foolishness, how many times am going to tell you, learn from your own mistakes!" Dunno but you, but the God I know is a GRACIOUS GOD....extending His mercy over and over until erring ones learns the way and walk upon it. A gracious God that does not LABEL PEOPLE because of their mistakes. As I've told, you never know, we never know what they've been through. yah, maybe we are not judging them, but we are labeling them as I got from your text "if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?".
simple analogy, as a teacher, what if one of your students keeps on repeating the same mistakes over and over again and still doesn't get the lesson you're teaching, as a teacher do you have your own opinion to label him as a "stupid child"? Or a "hard headed" one to your term? Isn't a gracious teacher would continue to encourage the child, continue teaching him until such time he learns? Oh! How easy for us to utter such pronouncement to an individual without knowing there's power in our tongue! I've   seen His grace, and I've experienced it, that always compel me to BLESS people rather than pronounce vain language to them.
nonetheless, I seek peace and blessings to all. May we continually not just learn the Word of God with our head knowledge but to personally experience it, in any ways, in any seasons to be blessed and be a blessing as well..
Blessings and peace abound! 
Ellen said:

I am sorry for using the wrong word....if one doesn't learn from first to second mistakes ...what do you call with that?...it's ok if she become widow from 1st to second and marry again on the third and became widow again.

If she is single and with child from different fathers I think it's not a mistake anymore...it's my point of view if it is affects you I am sorry we are  entitled to it's own opinion......and you are also entitled to your own opinion....

Yes it is all in the grace of God but we need to correct ourselves from the first mistake and if we follow in Obedience in God the mistakes will not repeat again, the Spirit of the Lord will be with us .... I am not judging anyone....only God can judge,  it's my opinion. The Lord is fair and just...no one is to late to ask forgiveness...God is good all the time.

Peace!

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=34073&page=16#sthash.SsarJcUH.dpuf

Lovely said:

There you go again, I heard again the word "stupidity" from the same person...and again and again I'll post my answer to the same thread with this kind of topic "being a single mom can be a turn off to a Christian guy" 

am sorry ms. Ellen, as it says, open rebuke is better than secret love, I need to stand up and speak forth in behalf of single moms with two kids or more , more so with different fathers, even if it means you may Flagg this post of mine. Sorry, I really can't help it, I am not a single mom, but am handling single moms in our victory group (small group, cell group, or any way you call it in the Phils., but I know you are familiar with this kind of group whose studying the Word of a God, or in some churches they call it BS- Bible study group). I know their hurts, their remorse, their everyday struggle and to label them "stupid" is more than enough. We never know, you never know their hardships and dilemmas facing the society, the crowd, so are we all the same Jews condemning those women with their past hurtful experience in their lives? As many Christians play the so called "we are holier than thou" it is where we fail to present to many hurting people the Gospel of Grace. "Stupidity" in our own language is "katangahan" is this what we call the word of healing? Of comfort? Of gentle correction to erring one? Dunno bout you, but the more I experience the gentle correction of God, the more I am am amazed by His grace and the more I desire to extend that kind of grace. So please bear with me, please read bit after bit my last post coz maybe you never notice that before. Here it is: 

Stupidity!! What a word! Did I hear it right, from a woman so called "walking bible" here in the forum? Sorry ms. Ellen, as I am one of your constant followers (more on reading, but not commenting) here in this forum, I never expect you can say that word, more so to judge women with different children on a different husband. Was this the same word used by Jesus in confronting a woman in the well, with different husband, had five husbands infact? 

Yes, granting the fact, that there are Filipino women with different, two, three, or five children in different men, and maybe we can put them in such a word "stupid" or "stupidity" in any sense, but still, it doesn't give us the leeway to degrade/judge any woman with such situation in her life. We never know what she had been through that resulted such ordeal. We never know how she ached, or still remorsing with her unwise decisions in life, and to add insult is like pouring salt to a wounded heart. 

As far as I read my Bible, it's always grace and grace and grace that speaks, touches and heals broken heart and gives a fresh new start. The same "graceful" heart of Jesus confronting woman who had five husbands, could also be the same, Jesus who can correct woman's mistake and give new life by not branding anyone as "stupid" but by encouraging to drink from the River of Life. And we can be His mouth piece of that same grace.......

To all those women who have already their son/s, daughter/s out of wed lock, may His grace abounds. Know that you are not damaged good. Your worth is simply hidden in Christ who loves you most. Know your worth, know your purpose in Him who can do things immeasurably, more than from what we hoped or imagined...

Peace and grace abound! 

- See more at: https://www.christianfilipina.com/forum/thread.php?id=43618&page=3#sthash.QSDNNPv6.dpuf

 

Ellen said:

This is as if ......... Once is enough, twice is too much, thrice is STUPIDITY.  She doesn't learn.

 

Wim said:

A single mom with 1 child i can understand, but sometimes some have 2 or 3 kids as single mom. 

Those with 1 daughter will find a new husband, but with 2 or more no. 


 


 


 


 


 

Simple, most Piny men are earer to have sex with a Pinay.  Once she is pregnant he is just as eager to run to a new Pinay without a child.  The woman is always left alone by the man to pay and raise the child by herself and/or with the help of her already poor family.

Several Pinay's told me their Pinoy omes home drunk ant night, and like to use their girlfriend or Wife as a punching bag.

Birth control will help.  Finally it is legal.

 I am always amazed at the arrogance of threads started by Western men, that are purely accusatory, arrogant and judgemental in nature, and have nothing to do with finding a Filipina spouse.

 A single glance at Western culture will show you that it is a thin veneer over a depraved pit of decadence, pornography, abortion, prostitution, welfare crime, hideously corrupt politics, and a completely complicit media with no conscience at all. And talk about single moms! The great majority of Filipinas were innocent, seduced and abandoned. Then humbly accept it and work incredibly hard to raise their kids alone. Here? They spread their legs and put out a welcome sign, fully intending to use the kids to get welfare, and not work.

 So, you had your little go posting your accusatory thread, actually expecting the Filipinas here to answer to your judgement. Amazing arrogance. You must think you're pure.

 As for birth control, its been legal in the Phils for ages. I used it back in the 90's, and it was cheap then too, and I didnt need the government to buy it for me.

 Do you really think you are going to be able to contract  a stable, lasting marriage with a Filipina when you have so little respect for, and are so woefully ignorant of her culture?

 Your disrespect for their culture shows in your presumption that birth control is illegal. If you do not respect religion, Christianity and Catholicism, you are looking to the wrong country for a wife. Try China. They persecute Christians and Catholics there.

 The Pharisees thought they had Jesus in a philosophical corner when they brought the woman before Him who had been caught in the act of adultery. The law said death by stoning, yet they knew Jesus had a heart of mercy. They hoped to attack Him for not upholding the law. Good thing you were not there, as you are so judgmental of others you would have stoned the poor woman.

 Really now, who cares if there are many single moms here? How are you negatively affected that you have to start such a judgmental thread against them? What do you achieve by it?

 I could go on and on about the sins of Western men against Filipinas! How many of those single moms were seduced and abandoned by sex-tourist Western men? How many lied to, seduced, then left at the pier? How many were married, then discarded, as the bored or reluctant Western man went home, leaving them behind, often with kids? How many were brought here on fiancee visas, then discarded for some trivial reason, no money, no home. no family, no friends, no job, no way out?

 These are just a few of the sins Western men commit against Filipinas. I know people involved in visa services who could tell much worse.

 So, lets turn things around, and I will ask you in an accusatory manner, to explain to me, to my personal satisfaction, with the whole group watching, why Western men do these things to Filipinas. I dont care if you are not personally guilty. Neither are the Filipinas in this group. They owe you no defense or explanation, but, if you want to play that game, well, turn-about is fair.

 So? Answer me!

 Western men are widely considered loud, boorish and ignorant, especially in Asia.

Tommy,

What's with all the single moms?

I suggest it is about accessibility to friends and potentially eligible mates.  A  childless woman can go to church, dances, social events or even bars to meet up with friends without kids in tow. A single mom doesnt have that freedom.  How can a single mom meet others while the kids are tearing the house down and screaming and crying?  Yep, you guessed it...a dating site.

The answer to your question is.. in the Philippines there is no divorce. So if an ordinary vendor and another will get married and they found out that they wanted to separate, that is not easy because they will have to pay lots of money..so the only solution is to separate but not legally since marriage is a very legal thing in Phils. This is why most of the couples dont marry yet.

Very interesting posts regarding single mothers on dating sites. Many very young girls with children already, even 19,-22 year olds. Many note on their profiles to " accept their past" we must admit to ourselves as dating Christian men can we really honestly be 100 % accepting of women who let sex control their early decisions. If engaging in sex before marriage which is frowned upon through basic Christian teachings , why still increase of single moms? If girls love sex, girls have ability to say no, regardless of parents, pastors, elders advice to abstain , if they want the promiscuity then use contractiotives or condoms. If boys pursue girls for easy sex with absolutely no intention of being a man later after pregnancy..then girls should insist on some type of contraceptives. Why is everyone tip toeing around certain truths? Young people love sex! They engage, they get pregnant, families accept the pregnancy and result is flooding of single moms. After so many thousands of young kids inability to say no or even use contraceptives than later they show up on dating sites asking both foreign men and Pinoys to accept their past indiscretions as" accept me as I am" the man searching although Christian , still will have questions as to why did you engage in sex, more then once, prior to marriage? In beginning of possible courtship many men still are not comfortable , especially Pinoy men in regards of acceptance of single moms. Yes we are taught to forgive but then again we are taught save yourselves for Marriage. Am I wrong and selfish to want marry a woman who did not have a sexual active past with children? Or am I crazy to expect the possibility that virginity exists or must accept that premarital sex is the norm now ? 

 

 

Rudy said:

Very interesting posts regarding single mothers on dating sites. Many very young girls with children already, even 19,-22 year olds. Many note on their profiles to " accept their past" we must admit to ourselves as dating Christian men can we really honestly be 100 % accepting of women who let sex control their early decisions. If engaging in sex before marriage which is frowned upon through basic Christian teachings , why still increase of single moms? If girls love sex, girls have ability to say no, regardless of parents, pastors, elders advice to abstain , if they want the promiscuity then use contractiotives or condoms. If boys pursue girls for easy sex with absolutely no intention of being a man later after pregnancy..then girls should insist on some type of contraceptives. Why is everyone tip toeing around certain truths? Young people love sex! They engage, they get pregnant, families accept the pregnancy and result is flooding of single moms. After so many thousands of young kids inability to say no or even use contraceptives than later they show up on dating sites asking both foreign men and Pinoys to accept their past indiscretions as" accept me as I am" the man searching although Christian , still will have questions as to why did you engage in sex, more then once, prior to marriage? In beginning of possible courtship many men still are not comfortable , especially Pinoy men in regards of acceptance of single moms. Yes we are taught to forgive but then again we are taught save yourselves for Marriage. Am I wrong and selfish to want marry a woman who did not have a sexual active past with children? Or am I crazy to expect the possibility that virginity exists or must accept that premarital sex is the norm now ? 

 


 This is a very old, and flawed reasoning. Essentially, when you boil it down, you are saying that people are animals with no control, so lets all have lots of sex and use birth control!

 Sorry, but people are not dogs. They have a conscience, which is imprinted with Gods Law.

 Trouble with this argument, is that it ignores humanity. Sex, and procreation, are not just entertainment.

 There are reasons for Filipina's becoming single moms. A big factor is, they know fornication is a sin, and their conscience will not let them forget this, and go on birth control, to be some guys receptacle. This is deliberate, intentional sin, and misuse of Gods gifts.

 But, Filipinas like sex. Filipinas fall in love, more likely, the younger, less experienced ones. They end up having sex spontaneously, where their passions overwhelm their conscience.

 This has happened many, many times in human history. It is aggravated a lot by horny young men, who care more about their gonads than about the girl, and disappear. Yeah, it says in the Bible that "Thou Shalt Not Fornicate" but it also says that a man who does not take care of his family is the worst of sinners.

 Although I have contributed to this thread, I think its highly judgmental. Of course there are single moms! The world is flawed, and so are its people. But the single Filipina moms I have met are all very sincere, committed moms. They have accepted their situation, and give their all for their kids.

 Besides, single moms are human. The Filipina believes strongly in love and family, and longs for someone to love, and love her, as do we all. She longs for a complete family. How can anyone be so inhumane as to begrudge her that?

 Instead of discussing why so many single moms, maybe we should be asking why so many judge them and look down on them? You think you are high?

LET LOVE HEAL THE WOUNDED

We are all wounded, one way or another and some may take forever to heal.

 

So it does not really do much good to examine somebody else’s wounds, through the lens of our personal opinions, as it would neither enlighten us to open our hearts to those who suffer, nor empower them to rise above their pains.

 

Whether single parents or not, many of the men and women we meet are bruised and broken inside out, crawling away from the wreckage of too many shattered dreams. Some may have managed to shelter their children from these cold harsh realities, while others just try to drown out their voices, images and their bittersweet memories in the dead of night.

 

We are all scarred, although differently and for different reasons.

 

But when we view these wounds from the perspective of love, we get to realize that despite our differences, we are united by our common aspirations to be needed and loved, and to sleep peacefully in the arms of those we call our home.

 

We are all warriors looking for a sanctuary to heal the broken pieces of ourselves in our battles through life. And with love, we are likewise each other’s healers.

 

Love and light,

Gaile

on January 5, 2018 1 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Because they inlove in early ages or they choose being a single mom, I heard from other single mom that its better to have a child without husbsnd than to have a husband but give them a miserable life, so we cannot blame single parents. Maybe they are also stubborn and not listen to their parents and of course they love that man do they surrender herself without thinking the consequencies will be.

Post reply

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:


Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close