Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

What's with all the single moms?!

Update | Cancel

Posted on January 15,2014

Hi all!

I have to say that I'm truly blown away by the epidemic proportions of single moms on this site. Very young girls as single moms and ALOT of them. When I visited the Philippines, I took it as a deeply religious country. Mostly Catholic (and other Christians), and some Muslim territories in the Southern/Mindinao region. So what's going on there? Is it the parenting? 

I know by far its not all Filipnas, but really, what's going on there? 

Im looking for an actual answer and not a lecture by someone who is offended by this post. 

Thank you for reading. God bless.

on January 15, 2014 7 likes

Reply with quote | Like | Edit | Delete | Inappropriate?

Tommy said:

Hi all!

I have to say that I'm truly blown away by the epidemic proportions of single moms on this site. Very young girls as single moms and ALOT of them. When I visited the Philippines, I took it as a deeply religious country. Mostly Catholic (and other Christians), and some Muslim territories in the Southern/Mindinao region. So what's going on there? Is it the parenting? 

Im looking for an actual answer and not a lecture by someone who is offended by this post. 

They just go to the world and multiply (just kidding)

I'm sure it's not parenting,youngs nowadays are wild they do what they want to do,mostly they don't listen parents advice .

Bless my hometown have fear of God!

on January 15, 2014 1 likes

This is a sad commentary of the state of dis-function in our society, and not just in Phils.  We as a society have made conscious choices about how we should be living our lives, and this is one of the unfortunate, but predictable, results.  It doesn't need to be this way, but it is virtually guaranteed by the choices we have made.  We have really lost our way.  And the Church has no answers except to say abstain. Um, correct me if I am wrong, but this is not a realistic solution at all.  Anyone have any good ideas?  God Bless!

Maybe they are stubborn during their early years, did not listen to the advises of their parents and misguided. Sometimes it's by choice, but sometimes I think the men get scared and run away, because he don't want a lifelong commitment to that woman, and the woman choose to take care the baby alone. 

God bless single Moms!

Yes its not about parenting, its not about being naive and young and its not about the society.. its us who decides.. but be aware of the consequences that follows.. be responsible. . :)

on January 15, 2014 6 likes

Tommy said:

Hi all!

I have to say that I'm truly blown away by the epidemic proportions of single moms on this site. Very young girls as single moms and ALOT of them. When I visited the Philippines, I took it as a deeply religious country. Mostly Catholic (and other Christians), and some Muslim territories in the Southern/Mindinao region. So what's going on there? Is it the parenting

Hi Mr. Tommy,

Yes mostly Christians, because the Philippines is the 5th largest Christian country, that's why a huge amount of un-wed pregnancy coming from Christianity. And in Christianity abortion is highly prohibited.

Indeed I believe there is something wrong. And one of it is parenting. The guidance of the parents, no time for kids or no time for family bonding.

Second, the influence of media. Intimacy is openly shown on television. But because some parents doesn't have time to let the young ones understand what is seen on TV, or don't even know what the kids are watching. Tendency young fellows try to experiment what they've seen. And some of the young ones lack of love and care at home, finds temporary love and care from the so called "boy friends."

Third, lack of education. Both academically and the Sex Education.

Fourth, other culture influences. Being liberated, and so does some of the teens are.

Fifth, I may say the environment. Some of the urban areas are prone to immoralities. Not all, but some.

There are lots of possibilities. But I do believe and will believe it all started at home. The attitudes of the young ones reflects of what "home" they are having.

Regards,

Alysa

on January 15, 2014 14 likes

Tommy, I think your observation accurate.  For those of us who wish to increase our understanding of the Philippines, communities, towns, customs, and life there, you are raising the right questions.

I agree with Jane.  This is about personal responsibility.  It is about maturity.  (Those are recurring themes one will hear from me for as long as I am here in this Forum.)

As for abstinence, well, it works 100% of the time.  I am not sure why teaching, advocating, instilling in one's children, instilling in the young people of one's church, talking it in the schools, why advocating for abstinence would be insufficient.  After all, it is Biblical.  As we all know, God does not put us up to doing something He already knows we cannot do or will succumb to failure on.

God helps us with self discipline.   Self discipline is to be a hallmark of a Christian.

Back to Tommy's topic:   I think it would be very helpful if the CF site administrators built in the quantity of children to go with the basic profile of  children  Yes / No.   Just seeing a "Yes" in a profile does not tell me the number of children nor does it tell me their ages.  So if a man or woman selects "Yes" to children, there then has to be follow up as to quantity.   Yes, ages would be nice too.

Lack of clarity in these CF profiles only hampers and slows the process of linking the men to the women.  It might be also why many women are on this site for years with no real men stepping forward to get to know them.

I really want to see more descriptive profiles on this CF site.  Right now the standard profile is wholly lacking in any real (or much) information at all.

For what is is worth:   Women who already have a child or children should not automatically conclude that revealing this child(ren) information in the profile means a good Chrisitan man will immediately bypass them.

on January 15, 2014 9 likes

Most single moms will be sexy and attractive young girls and they attract the goodlooking men. These also attractive men can get easily girls, they know it and they can take advantage. The ugly men are not choosen, but these are the ones that will stay faithfull, simply coz they can't go from in to the other.

Wim said:

Most single moms will be sexy and attractive young girls and they attract the goodlooking men. These also attractive men can get easily girls, they know it and they can take advantage. The ugly men are not choosen, but these are the ones that will stay faithfull, simply coz they can't go from in to the other.

Right! So, why wasn't this such a problem before?  And what can we do to fix it?  God Bless!

Alysa said:

Indeed I believe there is something wrong. And one of it is parenting. The guidance of the parents, no time for kids or no time for family bonding.

Second, ............

Third ...........
Fourth........
Fifth..........
Regards,

Alysa

Yes of course, but unfortunately, you have missed the most important factor.  God Bless!

on January 15, 2014 0 likes

Peter said:

Alysa said:

Second, ............

Third ...........
Fourth........
Fifth..........
Regards,

Alysa

Yes of course, but unfortunately, you have missed the most important factor.  God Bless!

Hi Mr Peter,

Obviously, the most important factor that leds and could prevent these young ones to immoralities are all started of the habitat where they in. The habitat where no security and happiness, thus this can be obtained from the roots. The roots that lacks the foundation of building the relationship to Thy Father weaken the fruits. 

That is why I strongly believe it all started from the so called Home. And if am will be asked how this matter be fixed, the Home can fix itself, not from any contraceptives or any safety methods. The children shows no discipline thus this only means the parents lacks of it.

Regards, 

Alysa

on January 16, 2014 1 likes

Check out "life beyond the sea.com"  he addresses this issue and primarily blames the media(TELEVISION ) and internet (MIND CONTROL) learning western culture and such.

I think non use of condoms helps with more single moms,

The next thing to hit is probably feminism if it hasnt already.

So in a family with discipline, what guidance specifically are the parents providing the children?  Don't have bf?  Finish school?  Please provide specific examples of the discipline that would fix this problem.  Take care and God Bless!

Alysa said:

Hi Mr Peter,

Obviously, the most important factor that leds and could prevent these young ones to immoralities are all started of the habitat where they in. The habitat where no security and happiness, thus this can be obtained from the roots. The roots that lacks the foundation of building the relationship to Thy Father weaken the fruits. 

That is why I strongly believe it all started from the so called Home. And if am will be asked how this matter be fixed, the Home can fix itself, not from any contraceptives or any safety methods. The children shows no discipline thus this only means the parents lacks of it.

Regards, 

Alysa

on January 16, 2014 0 likes

blame it on the hippie generation who brought too much broken marriages that one that followed the baby boomers were so afraid to get married and such trend followed suit...Fix yeah sure when man starts growing up faster, better and be more responsible... read tommy's thread... who is ur daddy? great essay and how fatherhood affects one's personality and its effect in society.    Man should start embracing their calling fromAdam's time to now he's still good in blame shifting.

on January 16, 2014 5 likes

Peter said:

So in a family with discipline, what guidance specifically are the parents providing the children?  Don't have bf?  Finish school?  Please provide specific examples of the discipline that would fix this problem.  Take care and God Bless!

How and "Why"

Let's put the family with discipline;

It's not about wealth or being poor to have disciplined family. Simple matters, the attitudes.

Some may say not all here can tell to finish school due to a large percentage of poverty. Then on the Government should exist and provide education to the poor. But fact, impossible for any reasons. So, for a latter on, lack of education exist.

But of course for those who can afford to give their children good education, mostly, degree is achievable. Even with degree, without discipline enough coming from home is obviously futile.

Family may be rich nor poor can raise children with discipline. Not in a sense that it need to higly implement at home to "not have a bf." That, I think is non-sense. Instead, highly implement the Traditional courtship; the traditional courtship in the Philippines is different. The man who is courting the woman must visit her home. Show himself to the parents. So parents can guide their daughters. So both will educate by parents the Christian way of dating and courtship; that each other will strive to support keeping the relationship pure and help each other maintain as it grows to holiness. But of course, could only be done if the parents are having strong foundation in building thier relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Building relationship with God is not coming from School, Government, or even religions and churches. It comes from within, which God gives as the power to choose. And ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law and most importantly in the Sacred Laws.

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close