Call us: (800) 578-1469

Christian Filipina Forum

User driven knowledge base

Menopausal (Women) Androposal (Men)

Update | Cancel

Posted on April 28,2013

I fear this stage lols. How do men and women prepare for this stage and has it affect their sexuality as a person or intimacy of a couple?

arleen said:

I fear this stage lols. How do men and women prepare for this stage and has it affect their sexuality as a person or intimacy of a couple?

45 over is the beginning of menopausal stage in women, the earlier to menstruate,  early to become menopause too ,but it depends on your cycle...do not fear because as long as you menstruate, you could have to bear a child of course it depends on your reproductive health, How to overcome this? in women i would advice to eat soya foods like soybeans, almonds, and nuts more on proteins to lessen the menopausal stage to occur. Estrogen is the hormones in women that when you reach 45 over this hormones estrogen will decline that could affect the libido of  women due to  some reasons; nutrition is the no. 1 cause of that declining of estrogen....leads to un interest to sexual intimacy of a couple..prevention: eat balanced diet more on proteins, exercise, sleep well, eat fruits and vegetables that are organic...In men, nothing to worry about, but they menopause also...

Menopause begins a new phase in a woman’s life, when in her 50′s, she stops having periods. Menopause is a natural biological event in which the menses stops when the function of the ovaries begins to cease. The process of menopause does not occur overnight, but rather it is gradual. This so-called peri-menopausal transition period is a unique experience for each woman and can begin when women are in their 40′s. A woman is in menopause when she has had no menstrual periods (menses) for 12 months and has no other medical reason for her menses to stop.

The early symptoms of menopause include abnormal vaginal bleeding, hot flashes and mood changes. Late symptoms consist of vaginal dryness, urinary problems, muscle and joint aches.

How to cope:I encourage women to take better care of themselves in every aspect of life: physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. (",

(a shared infor from Power to change) 

Ladies, Menopausal in women is a natural stage whether you like it or not. Time will come when you will have to be in that stage. Just prepare yourself now by taking good care of your health by exercising regularly, be careful with your diet, stop smoking, and have a good attitude. These are very important and effective to feel better and live longer.

For men, it is called Andropause or it is also sometimes called Man-opause.   Since there is a reduction in the reproduction of the hormones testosterone, some men will experience, nervousness, depression, inability to concentrate and hot flashes.  So before reaching this stage, men should also prepare themselves this early to have a good diet, stop smoking, exercise regularly and have a good attitude.

Thank you Arlene for the post and to Eden and Liza, you did a good discussion on the  topic. Great job ladies!

Andropause is something that all men eventually go through. It is a stage in life that marks the start of a man to take things easy and be less aggressive. It is also a very stressful time because a man’s body goes through a lot of stages. As such, one can say that andropause is like the male version of menopause in women.

When a man goes through the stages of andropause, things can get crazy for him as well as for his family. This is why it is highly recommended that all men should prepare for their own andropause. This will help make the transition easier for him as well as his family.

For those who are curious, here are the stages of andropause that almost every man goes through.

Loss in sex drive - this is one of the initial stages of andropause. The loss of sex drive stems from the fact that there is less hormones being secreted by the pituitary gland. A man’s sex drive is totally dependent on the amount hormones in his blood stream. During the initial stages of andropause, a gradual lack of hormones being secreted by the body is the first thing that occurs.

A loss in sex drive over a very long period of time will actually be the main indicator that a man is now starting andropause. Men who slowly lose the desire to have sex should definitely consider that they might be undergoing andropause. This is most especially true if they are normally sexually active.

Mood swings - because of the lack of hormone’s a man’s mood is also affected during andropause. Mood swings can range from mild to very irritable. This is one of the major sources of stress during andropause. Because of this it is highly recommended that a man and his family adopt the mindset that mood swings are normal.

Some wives and children would often take the words uttered by an andropausal man in the middle of a bad mood swing very personally. This results to stress for everyone. Men who have a particularly severe mood swing are advised to avoid interacting with their wives and children in order to prevent conflict.

Childish behavior - there are many experts who often refer to andropause as puberty in reverse. As such there are many andropausal men who manifest childish behavior like collecting toys and gadgets despite the fact that they did not exhibit these desires a few years before. During sever symptoms of this stage, a man would often splurge money on buying an impractical sports car much to the chagrin of his wife and children.

Depression - some andropausal men experience sever depression. This is caused by the loss of hormones. These men can be so depressed they end up cheating on their wives, running away or just lock themselves up in their rooms and refuse to socialize with anyone. Some men get depressed because they feel that they did not accomplish much in their lives.

For sever cases of andropause, doctors can prescribe hormone replacement therapies. This helps minimize the negative effects of the symptoms and keep a man’s sanity and marriage.

a shared info from Redfroginc)

Menopause is a natural and necessary part of the female aging process, so it's useless to fret about it.

Randy said:

Menopause is a natural and necessary part of the female aging process, so it's useless to fret about it.

Thanks much RANDY for sharing your  thoughts.  That's true, it is a matter of preparing oneself physically and mentally  and  accepting  it  for when it comes.

just stay   fit,,happy,,and  loving,,,,dont be afraid when  you menopause i am sure if you are  still  fit and  alwys inlove ,you alwys  love to  please your wife or  husband,,you both can  find better ways how to be  more intimate,to make your  married  more exited and colorful i think theres nothing wrong if you  alwys  research,ask somebody,about how to still give a pleasure  with  your wife or husband,,as long  you still  healthy i am sure  even you reach 60  and above you still  can have fun with each other in bed.I just have many frnds  and in their  age 60  they  still enjoy their night  even just  3 times a week or twice a week,

Wow thanks for this post... Ive learnt a lot esp the details given by Ms Liza... thus we can better understand our partners when theyre acting weird...hihihi  BTW, if Menopause is between 45 to 50... what abt andropausal?

I haven't observe anyone pass their menopausal stage... or I'm just not aware of their symptoms ... so if girl menstruate in grade 4 and another in her Junior yrs does that mean the latter will mostly menopause late???

Anjee said:

Wow thanks for this post... Ive learnt a lot esp the details given by Ms Liza... thus we can better understand our partners when theyre acting weird...hihihi  BTW, if Menopause is between 45 to 50... what abt andropausal?

I haven't observe anyone pass their menopausal stage... or I'm just not aware of their symptoms ... so if girl menstruate in grade 4 and another in her Junior yrs does that mean the latter will mostly menopause late??

A recent World Health Organization (WHO) report analyzed male hormones and found that the testosterone levels in most 70 year old men were 10 percent of the level in males that are 25 years old. By the time men are between the ages of 40 and 55 they can begin experiencing symptoms of andropause.

Please submit an explanation of the reason for marking this post as inappropriate:

Upgrade Membership

You have exceeded your quota for today for posting to the forum; would you like to upgrade your membership to take full advantage of the forum? If so, we also will allow you to use the special FORUM promo code valid today for you for a special discount by clicking the button below.

Welcome Back!

Tip of the Week
Tried the CF Apps?
We now have apps for your mobile phone or tablet, and even for your Windows or Macintosh computer. Try them out today.
Yes, I want to see the App selection Not now

Your profile is hidden!

We've noticed that your profile is marked as hidden. Only the members who you have added to your saved profile list can see your profile.
Would you like to keep your profile hidden, or show it to all users?

Keep Hidden Show

Oops! Your session has been expired!

Sorry, Your session has expired. You have to login again for choosing your default profile picture.
Please click on the login button for login again.

Login Close