Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA, United States
- please do not contact me if you have children
- I do not want to have children
- to the women in their 20s who check out my profile, what could we possibly have in common? What are we going to talk about? HelloKitty?
A bunch of randomness about me:
- I am 52 (as of this edit), never married, no kids.
- I have been in the hospitality industry for about the past 20 years, and in the security field for the past 33 years.
- I am a very down-to-earth guy. I treat everyone with the respect they earn. I talk to the CEO with the same respect I show the janitor.
- my religion is basically the Golden Rule. I let karma have it's way, and let the Universe decide when that happens.
- That being said, I don't suffer fools gladly, and have no problem calling a situation as I see it. Honesty and being a stand-up guy are my trademarks, and my integrity has never been questioned.
- my antenna for scammers and liars is pretty well developed (occupational hazard, sorry). I know more than I say, think more than I speak and notice more than anyone realizes.
- I have been a Mason for over 20 years and am very active in the Fraternity. Rizal was a Mason; ask a Mason about the kind of men that Freemasonry attracts, you will not be disappointed.
- because of the influence of Freemasonry, I started graduate school this year; I am pursuing an MBA. It is going well, definitely stretching the way I think.
- I have been to the Philippines multiple times and I will return. I love the scenery, people and energy of the Philippines.
- I am a reader, and gave up watching TV a long time ago.
- In a relationship I have been described as loyal, sweet, thoughtful, affectionate and loving.
- The idea of domestic violence is abhorrent; I would rather just walk away.
- I try to come at issues from a place of some emotional intelligence; I am getting better at sitting with and experiencing my feelings, as I grew up in a typically dysfunctional Massachusetts Irish family.
- I am an introvert (my Myers Briggs Type is INTJ), listen more than I talk, sit around and stare off into space a lot, and need daily down time alone - or in the sanctuary of my darling's presence - to recharge my batteries. As calm as I may look on the outside, there's always something going on in my head. I have been accused of thinking too much, and I often feel like I am running out of time.
- Perhaps based on being an introvert, you won't see a lot of outward demonstration of faith and religious expression. Raised Catholic, I have been drifting more spiritual for quite a while. You will probably be disappointed in my lack of superficial Biblical chapter-and-verse knowledge; discussions on religious topics most likely won't lead too far if based on straight dogma. I refuse to impose my religious or spiritual beliefs on anyone and set the boundary at requiring the same from you. I hold to Thomas Paine's statement that "every religion is good that teaches men to be good, I know of none that instruct him to be bad." If I had to choose a team to cheer for, I would call myself a Deist in the tradition of Benjamin Franklin.
- I experience a condition called dysthymia, meaning long-term, low-level depression. Some days are better than others, some days are like driving a car with the emergency brake on. Regardless, it's not your fault. I can take care of myself and deal with this. Exercise, meditation and a good vitamin regimen help.
- At my age, know that I am not sure about having kids. My own childhood was a minefield that I am still cleaning up, and I don't want to pass on the generational bundle of shame and abandonment if I can help it.
Being an honest guy, I figure you should know the good and the bad right up front. I'm not here to collect winks or have my ego inflated. I am looking for a woman to spend my life with, and I take that seriously.
Let's talk about you. What will make you stand out?
- If we start getting serious and you do not have a Bachelor's Degree, you will if the relationship continues.
- please be gainfully employed, in a field or industry transferable to the US economy: medical, high tech, finance, etc.
- asking me for money isn't going to get you any.
- please find a better way to deal with uncomfortable issues than tampo.
- think that you want to come to the US and live / work? What's your plan? Understand that the US is a two-economy society...you and I will both be working.
- I am not looking for a maid or a servant; I am looking for a life partner, a woman whose success and well-being is as important to me as my own; that, I have come to understand, is my definition of love.
- I am not looking for a woman to *complete* me, I am looking for a woman to_compliment_ me, someone with whom I can share my life, and who will share hers with me. I am not needy, and have no problem being alone, I would like to find a woman who will be my partner, in Irish, mo anam cara, my soul woman.
Think this sounds a little tough or harsh? Please remember, it's the rest of *our* lives we're talking about. The stakes are high and so is the payoff. You don't find diamonds at Jolibee.
I will always be respectful of you, I will never let you feel taken for granted, and I will work every day to be the stand up guy who does the right thing. A good woman always inspires a good man to be a better man. I will always be a gentleman.
Thank you for visiting my profile. I hope your search is successful.